Medical ID bracelets

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halleyg

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I know saying "cute medical alert bracelet" is kind of an oxymoron, but I recently ran into someone who was wearing one! I have been wearing my stainless steel functional-but-ugly med id bracelet for almost 2 years. I never take it off but wish I had something else... the woman I saw had gone to Zales and bought a regular silver charm bracelet, then found a heart-shaped medical charm online to have her info put onto. It was so cute. I searched online and found a site that actually has cute bracelets on it, it's [URL="http://creativemedicalid.com/shop_"]http://creativemedicalid.com/shop_[/URL]

Anyhow, some of you may know this, I didn't so wanted to share!

Oh, yeah, if you google them, you can find lots of beaded and froufrou medical bracelets, though most hook to the ugly stainless plaques. I like my silver bracelet from "identifyyourself.com" I suppose you could take it to a jeweler to have the chain removed, and replace it with one of the beaded ones - I've seen several that have lobster hooks so they change out quickly. But they are expensive.

i just bought one not 2minutes ago!-gold and silver for $55. with shipping! ill let you know how it looks when it arrives!

Very cute. I want several so I can change them at whim!

Here's a picture of the one I have now. It has gone up in price in 11 years. I got it for $85, engraving and all. Now it's $150.

xD. I know! I need to get a new medical bracelet soon. My last one was too big for my small wrists and fell off.

I LOVE wearing rubber bands, and things like that around my wrists. I have a rubber wrist band on right now that reads 'Rights for homosexuals' I go back and forth from this one to my Connie Mack World Series bracelet that my grandfather gave me.

I wonder if they sell these Silicone rubber bracelet that will put a medical engraving on it. But, will the medical professionals notice it or not though?

I don't like metal bracelets, as my wrists break out in a rash with them.

I found this on the Canadian site, I don't see it on the American one. But it gives you an idea.
Also, I have super sensitive skin, and I do just fine with my sterling silver bracelet. It has not been removed in over 3 years.

Ashkir, I saw some rubber band ones like you mentioned, but they are specifically for diabetes and allergies. (@ the site mentioned below)

I found another site with nice med id jewelry; they also have some good men's bracelets. I think I may order from this one. Their silver is coated so it won't tarnish, which is nice. The site is:
http://www.fiddledeeids.com/

Bracelets and I don't work. I'm a card carrying member of the zipper club.

There's always the NECKLACE alternative.

You can put the chair around a Shirt Collar (assuming you are wearing one) to prevent irritating your neck and even tuck the pennant inside your shirt if you don't want to be so "public".

You can put the chair around a Shirt Collar (assuming you are wearing one) to prevent irritating your neck and even tuck the pennant inside your shirt if you don't want to be so "public".

And that was a good option for me ... I bought a stainless steel necklace right after surgery ... it hardly ever comes off ... I don’t even know I have it on, and I don’t wear jewelry......

I figure the hole in my throat and the railroad tracks down my chest are a pretty good indicator that there may be a good reason to look in my wallet.

Bina:

That looks like my Medic-Alert bracelet, but mine has a watchband.

I got an e-mail from a friend who had AVR earlier this summer. She said she got her Medic-Alert bracelet last week.

I figure the hole in my throat and the railroad tracks down my chest are a pretty good indicator that there may be a good reason to look in my wallet.

I don't have the hole on my throat and my scar is almost invisible, very thin and white ... add hair and anyone can miss it ... but I guess if you tape your ID card to your insurance card you are safe:D

Latest posts

Back