MAZE procedure

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easybob

Soon I will be opened for an aortic valve replacement. I have a-fib and wonder if any of you had a MAZE procudure to correct the a-fib as long as your chest was already open.

I had a Maze procedure (a left Maze). My A-Fib started in August 2005. By that time I already knew that I had to have surgery on my mitral valve very soon. To make a long story short, it became very soon and I also had the Maze. I am in normal sinus rhythm now (with the occasional PVC or PAC) and feel very good.

I had a right sided maze procedure during my valve replacement. I wasn't in a-fib but they did it as a precaution to hopefully keep me from developing it.

I had the leftside maze due to a-fib from endocarditas.
After surgery i had short term afib due to swelling of
tissue and was put on amiodarone 500,then 200 now tapering
off to 100mg daily and of course eventually off the drug.
My cardio says the maze took but cus of afib after surgery i
have been put on drug,but not necessary he says anymore.
The afib gave me irreg.heartbeats,mine always quivered.
I don't feel the afib,but they are monitoring me close and see
what happens after the amiodarone,takes 4 months after actually
stopping drug to getout of my system.
Feels good not to have the uncoordinated beats i had before surgery.
Also advised to take aspirin 81 mg daily.
Wishing you all the best with everything,and your surgery.

zipper2 (DEB)

I had an ablation during MVR. I have been in sinus rhythm since (15 months).

i am having my pulmonary valve and tricuspid valve replaced 4/20 and they are doing a Maze at the same time

thank you for your response. i wish you well on your 4/20 procedure. let us know how you are doing

My surgeon suggested Maze procedure if the Event Monitor revealed I had A-Fib, which did not. I did not have it, but my surgeon had removed the left appendagge, which I do not know what it is, but he removing it might prevent palpitations after surgery!

Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back