mass on sternum

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be a little hematoma from what may have been an otherwise minor bump. I sometimes get those on my shin bones and it sounds exactly like that. They never look like bruises but are tender to the touch and eventually just shrink away. Let us know what happens.

i had the same thing happen to me after 1.5 yr post op, i started working out not to heavy then i notice this bump size of a marble at the bottom of my scar sternum. i thought it was a wire that broke a rubbing against my inside but it wasnt seen a dr. he didnt have any big concerns if it got worse come back he said i think it has something to do with the muscle part from pushing and pulling.

Was that a small hernia?

The lump has been removed. It was a "suture granuloma". Apparently, my body didn't like one of the sutures left over from the OHS 3 years ago and it formed a mass of scar tissue around the suture. The granuloma became inflamed and was causing me a lot of chest pain. However, closer to the surgery to remove the granuloma, it started to get smaller and had less swelling around it. So maybe my body would have eventually absorbed it. My surgeon thought it would just get bigger again later if she didn't remove it. I guess it was one of those weird little complications that most people don't get. But no chest pain anymore! Thanks for all your thoughts and insights!
Kris

Latest posts

Back