Looking for some advice please

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah_Louise

Hi everyone,
Just looking for some advice,
Since my last lot of OHS (29th April 2011) & due to the strokes my left arm has been really heavy, 3 of my fingers are completly numb, recently the top of my arm has been really painful especially if i move it, my fingers (2 that i can feel) are tingling, and i'm getting some discomfort up into my kneck,
Anyone got any idea's what this could be?
Thank you!
Love Sarah xxxx

Sarah, is the upper arm pain and tingling newer, or since the strokes? The only othe thing i could think of was possible having a pinched nerve or problem with your bneck/back. You are so very strong.

Thanks everyone :)
Haven't seen a doctor as trying to get with my GP is near impossible, yes i seen a neurologist after my strokes but he's discharged me from his care a few month back because my stroke wasn't "spontaneous" and they found a reason for it, saying if there's going to be an improvement it'll happen in 18 months after that there wont be one, But never said what to do if i get any problems....yes Lyn there new thats whats weird about it,
Love Sarah xxxx

Just to update, i went to see the doc and she thinks i've trapped a nerve in my neck! So getting even more physio and been put on more tablets!!
Thanks for all the advice :)
Love Sarah xxxx

Just to update, i went to see the doc and she thinks i've trapped a nerve in my neck! So getting even more physio and been put on more tablets!!
Thanks for all the advice :)
Love Sarah xxxx

Sorry to hear I was right, but even tho it stinks and is very painful at least it is something relatively simple compared to what it could have been. Hope they are able to give you some relief from the pain, it might take a while to play around with meds finding what works best for you. Speaking from experience, you might want to look into "a "pain mangement" doctor, (I've been going oto mine over 10 year now and it took me a couple tries to find one that actually had plan "A" and "B"

BTW very Important, One of the most common treatments for neck/back is steroid shots into the area. IF you need any make sure you let everyone know you are on anticoagulants, you'll need to be off them because even 1 drop of blood going into the spinal column can really cause bad permenat problems.

Sorry to hear I was right, but even tho it stinks and is very painful at least it is something relatively simple compared to what it could have been. Hope they are able to give you some relief from the pain, it might take a while to play around with meds finding what works best for you. Speaking from experience, you might want to look into "a "pain mangement" doctor, (I've been going oto mine over 10 year now and it took me a couple tries to find one that actually had plan "A" and "B"

BTW very Important, One of the most common treatments for neck/back is steroid shots into the area. IF you need any make sure you let everyone know you are on anticoagulants, you'll need to be off them because even 1 drop of blood going into the spinal column can really cause bad permenat problems.
Thanks Lyn :) I'm treated by a pain nurse i see when ever i'm admitted,
No ones mention the injections, but tbh i'm not convinced it's a trapped nerve but i suppose docs no best right?
Sarah xxxxxx

Hi Sarah, sorry to hear about your problems. I've had pinched nerves in my neck and it feels just as you say. It's a bit freaky though now that I've had heart trouble as it mimics heart symptoms. Happy to hear you are getting some physio, hopefully you get some meaningful relief soon.
BTW we had surgery on the same day!!

Latest posts

Back