looking for Minolta remote switch and grades

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Christine

first - most know I was taking a report writing class for my degree.. my final paper was a recommendation report and my topic was in support of home testing of INR.. originally comparing the two models, but chose this path as I felt it was more important to get the word out about home testing rather just compare the models.. I don't know what I got on my final paper, but my final grade for the class is: A - ; thanks to all who contributed to my research.

second - I recently learned Minolta went out of business.. I have a Minolta 35mm camera which i've been slowly rebuilding my assessories (originally stolen some years ago by a friend who needed the money more then our friendship, so i've been slowly getting back into it and rebuilding) good news, I have most of the brand specific assessories I need EXCEPT for a "remote switch". I have most of the lenses I want and cokin filters and stand alone flash units are not tied to minolta.. however the remote switch is.. and I can not find any extras in any stores anywhere around here.. In Dallas I could go to a store and buy, up here, they order most assesories, so they can no longer do that.. I need the remote switch in order to take the kind of pics I enjoy taking, super fast or long open exposures.. it basically plugs into my camera which normally would be on my tripod and allows me to take the pic without touching (shaking) the camera and/or allowing me to take long open exposures (10-60 minutes open shutter per pic).. so if anyone has one they no longer use or sees one in a store, please let me know.. I have no desire to spend $1000 on a new camera and equipment due to a $30 piece of equipment I can no longer find. I will eventually buy a digital SLR, but not anytime soon.. thanks

Chris

thanks to both.. don't know why I didn't think of ebay.. that's exactly what i'm looking for.. just need to check my camera's model type.. I think it's the RC-1000.

thanks again

Chris

Hi Chris,
What you are looking for is call a remote cord. We have old Minolta xg-7. On our camera you can use a Minolta electronic remote cord or a standard cable release screwed into the threaded socket provided on the side of the lens mount. Years ago someone give me a K Mart brand tripod and standard cable release for my Pentax mx. The standard cable release fits on our Minolta. It?s about 9 inches long and has a lock on the cable to keep the stutter open. The cable has never been used and you can have it for the cost of shipping if you can not find a Minolta electronic remote cord.

Hi Chris

In case you haven't already discovered this -- Sony is handling all Konica and Minolta parts and repairs. Here's a site to start with: http://esupport.sony.com/perl/news-item.pl?news_id=120&region_id=1&sfgdata=4

I understand your affinity for a trusty film camera. I'm not yet ready to abandon mine for digital, either. I have 3 old Konicas (anyone interested in acquiring them?) and a fairly new Canon.

Good luck.

no I did not know about Sony handling the service now.. will have to look into that link..

I've been wanting to retake a "earth rotation via the stars" pic that I took some years ago before my original switch was stolen.. I need the switch in order to keep my shutter open for about an hour or so aiming at the stars.. by doing so, the stars turn into streaks which reflect the earth's rotation.

thanks much..

Chris

Latest posts

Back