"Living Will" - Link to the "forms" by state. Do YOU have one?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobThatsMe

Hello Everyone,

I thought this may be something that we sometimes overlook as we get wrapped up in all the pre-surgery events.

I have found a great site that provides some very useful information, including "free" downloads of the legal forms used by state for creating a "Living Will".

The link is:
http://www.caringinfo.org/stateaddownload

They call these "Advance Directives" on the site.
While you are on the site, take a look around at all the other useful info.

Wishing you all good health,

Rob

Thanks, Rob.
When I had my replacement, we had wills drawn up, power of attorney papers drawn up, and living wills. It cost a bundle! :frown2:Free downloads of the legal forms should be a terrific help to members needing to take care of legal issues before replacement.:)

Hello Everyone,

I thought this may be something that we sometimes overlook as we get wrapped up in all the pre-surgery events.

I have found a great site that provides some very useful information, including "free" downloads of the legal forms used by state for creating a "Living Will".

The link is:
http://www.caringinfo.org/stateaddownload

They call these "Advance Directives" on the site.
While you are on the site, take a look around at all the other useful info.

Wishing you all good health,

Rob

THE Canadian version is

http://www.legalwills.ca/

I had my first property will drawn up shortly before my surgery, a long time ago. My wife and I have added POAs(Power of Attorney) and Living Wills(Advance Directives) several years ago. These are indispensable when dealing with critical or "end of life" decisions. They can make "decisions" much easier for your family and/or caregivers.

Our property wills were drawn up by an attorney....our POAs done by Legalzoom.com...and Living Wills used the Kentucky State prepared form.

Last edited:
I don't know the answer to this and throwing it out there hoping someone does. BUT Many people have their surgery out of state, Do you know which form to fill out and take Where you live or where the hospital is you'll be at? I would think the one where the hospital is located.

Do I need a medical Power of attorney if I want my spouse to make those decisions?

I would think so. The only way to help assure that your wishes be carried out is to put them in writing. It will certainly make it easier for your wife in dealing with the situation. I have been in these situations with family members....it can be a nightmare.

I live in Indiana and had my surgery in Illinois. I had the Illinois-accepted medical POA. I did not have a living will, because I was concerned that my husband would find himself "locked in" on a preset course of action by the advance directives. Instead, we had the POA in my charts and on him, and he had some end-of-life guidelines and criteria that I had written down for him privately, that made him aware of my wishes.

RE: medical POA/medical advocacy document -
Have medical staff place a copy in your chart everywhere you go (cardio, surgeon, hospital), and give your POA a copy to carry with them! I'm my mom's medical advocate, but I didn't have a copy to show ICU staff when she was critically injured and unconscious after a car wreck, so they weren't going to let me make any decisions!

Thanks, Rob. Wife and I did one of these a few years ago, but this is a good reminder to update it, get proper signatures & witnesses, etc. B4 surgery.

Latest posts

Back