little guy need prayers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God is in Control

God is in Control

I will keep little Corban in my prayers. My father suffered congestive heart failure, mitral valve replacement, staff infection in open heart wound, two more open heart surgeries, AARDS, pnuemonia, severe septic shock, and shingles, beginnings of renal failure, a pacemaker, and more.. Doctors gave up on him and warned us that his time was near. We had him care flighted to another hospital and guess what? He was home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Since he was 74 age was not on his side. Since he was in ICU for close to 6 months he had become so weak. We lost him that following April, but the Doctors couldn't believe he had endured so much. We could because God is good and blessed us with our miracle of time with my dad. I jsut want to encourage:eek: you with the power of prayer and I know God has Corban in His hands and God is in control. I'll pray for the Doctor's wisdom and for God's hand in all they do. xxoo Deana

fri 26

fri 26

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13

We rejoice in Corbin having had THREE good days of progress and healing in a row! However, the stroller ride wore him out and whether from fatigue or pain, he began breathing more shallow, his right lung collapsed again, and Corbin had to be put back on CPAP. He remains comfortable and content and they will take him off and let him "exercise" his lungs occasionally as he tolerates. His stomach distention has been relieved by venting it, but his J tube became clogged. So although he was tolerating 25 cc's/hour, they had to stop feeding him again. Terri asked me this morning to pray that an enzymne solution would unclog the J tube as he really needs to be fed. Now she has called again and the J tube has ruptured. Because Corbin's liver is enlarged and hard, continuing TPN is not advised and he really needs to be fed. So he will have to return again to the OR first case tomorrow morning, be intubated again and have the J tube re-inserted. They will also scope the intestines to check for damage. Corbin has been sleeping all day, so labs have been re-done as they are suspecting infection causing the sleepiness.

Please pray that Corbin will continue to be comfortable; that there is NO infection; that he will tolerate the intubation and anesthesia necessary for the J-tube insertion; that God will clear the path for Corbin to get just the treatment he needs at the best time; that Corbin will be protected from infection, human error and technological difficulties; that the lab work will clarify Corbin's condition and treatment requirements. Please pray that Terri will feel God's peace and perfect timing in this newest complication and have strength to trust the Truth and not be tempted to despair.

REQUEST: Many of you have offered to help and have helped, but due to still not having an operational computer to file messages, I need to ask for replies to an immediate need: If you are LOCAL to Mott Children's Hospital and could help with some immediate on-site, practical needs that Terri has, PLEASE reply to me at [email protected].
Thank you.

We thank each of you for your support, your caring and your prayers. Your faithfulness to continue to pray for Corbin and the family blesses us and honors God. The harsh realities of congenital heart defects tempt us to be anxious, as just today an hlhs toddler, Noah, whose mother founded a chd support organization in Texas, passed away, unexpectedly, instantly, without explanation, except that his time on earth was spent and God's plan included taking Noah home. Please pray for the Stassen family. We grieve with them, with hope.

God's promises are True.
GrandPenny

Lynn,
In all of this, I've forgotten how old Corbin is. Can you remind me? He's in my prayers, as always.

Mary said:
Lynn,
In all of this, I've forgotten how old Corbin is. Can you remind me? He's in my prayers, as always.

he'll be 2 in July. if you want to check his site they have alot of pictures, it's www.carepages.com then corbingrabb katie has carepage so if you checked her pages you are already registerred
Lyn

Corbin moved to Moderate Care

Corbin moved to Moderate Care

275 June 07, 2006 at 08:55 AM EDT
"Blessed be the Name of the Lord, blessed be His Holy Name"

We are so appreciative of the young ladies from our church who honored Corbin and our family through dance. They choreographed a worship dance to our Corbin "theme song" and honored him in its introduction at their year-end recital Sunday night. What encouragement God brings to us and what fine young ladies to think of others before themselves.

Drum roll please -- drdrdrrddrdrdrdrddrrddrrd -- Corbin has moved to "moderate care"! This is the U Mich step-down unit where he will be in a smaller pod with less intensive nursing care. Remember, he made a very quick trip over there one week after fontan surgery, when he went into Code Blue emergency and ended up on ECMO. It took all day yesterday to get him transferred because of the adjustments necessary to his meds and their administration in the less intensive unit. Corbin is very sensitive to any change and this morning Terri reports that he's uncomfortable, wretching, gagging, passing blood, feverish and sleeping fitfully.

Corbin has a LONG way to go in medications weaning, feeding, and fluid elimination, so please continue to pray for those areas. Also, this location requires a LOT more work on Terri's part. She has the stress of providing more direct care and not having the doctor right there. Corbin's digestion problems are very scary as it was aspiration that caused the big problems, code blue, life support, etc. last time. Our prayer remains that as he is less sedated, in a more normal routine, the infections resolve and the feeding tube works properly so that he will receive nutrition and digest. Of course, they will be adjusting reflux and motility meds as well. So many interactive complications, but progress is being made!

Terri writes about a lovely family who have been ministering to her:
"Travis Jacob Rogers was born undiagnosed with HLHS. He went in to Lebonner hospital [in Arkansas] at 6 days of age for jaundice and coded [Code Blue cardiac arrest]. He survived a 14 hour catherization where they opened up the passage between the chambers to save his life. Once he stabilized from that they sent him here [U Michigan]. He had surgery by Dr. O and survived not one but two Norwoods [surgeries] in one day. He then coded again in front of his Mom and ended up on ECMO [life support]. He failed his first trial off today and that is very stressful. He could really use prayers for his healing. The parents names are Wade and April. They have been so amazing and shown such love to me. They are from Arkansas.

Corbin is doing ok. He has had a little rough transistion to moderate care due to his anxiety and how little changes stress him out. He gets upset with change, then that causes him to gag and cough which brings up junk then he can't swallow and that causes the need for immediate suctioning to protect his airway. So the only change we made today [Tuesday] was moving him to moderate care. That itself was a huge task due to the number of hoops that it required due to his med infusion pumps, and from Ativan and Morphine being so high [levels] and then the bipap [forced oxygen support]. They were not too happy to have him over [at moderate care] due to how much care he still needs." [end Terri's note]
Thank you for opening your hearts to pray for Jake.

So I hope this helps you know how to pray and we so appreciate your caring and your prayers. This move to moderate care is a huge, but scary step after 55 days in PCTU. Terri asked me to send "pants" for Corbin as she hopes to soon be free to move about the floor and take him to the playroom! God has given me a beautiful image of Corbin delighting in a more normal routine and this positive step toward healing.

May God richly bless you and your families and may God be glorified THIS day.
GrandPenny

blessed be the name of the Lord

blessed be the name of the Lord

:D I'll continue to keep Corbin in my prayers. May God give you a peace beyond understanding. xxooDeana

Back