Leaving the waiting room: need good vibrations

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cococat

Will be having my bicuspid valve replaced this Tuesday Oct 8th at Lahey Hospital. I love my team and feel at home as I worked there for 20 years and have had my care there for 30. The surgeon, Dr. D'Agostino, spent a lot of time reviewing my tests and speaking with my doctors, and spoke with me for well over an hour the first time I met him. My anesthesiologist is a gift!! We have emailed a couple of times and I truly feel on the same wavelength as her. These things have made me confident that this will be a smooth surgery and bypass (my biggest concern) will be alright.

This site has been very useful in preparation and I appreciate being part of this community. I hope to start a support group at the hospital after my recovery.

Please send positive healing energy my way on Tuesday morning.

Claire

Hi cococat,

I will be thinking of you this Tuesday and will send lots of vibes of love, light and healing your way! You sound like you are looking at this with a terrific positive attitude and I am sure you will come out with flying colors. Are you having an AVR and a bypass?

I just had my AVR less than 2 weeks ago, I have been home for over a week and today I walked almost a mile. This will be behind you before you know it and your will have a new lease on life!

All the best! I hope it goes smoothly. Just remember that it is a big deal to us, but the surgeons live and breath this type of thing. Sounds like you have a great team.

Claire - wishing you the best for tomorrow!!!

All will be fine - breathe and trust - looking forward to your post-surgery posts!

Rachel

Latest posts

Back