Landon is in ICU and did great

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrappergirl

Landon had his surgery yesterday, they ended up doing a AVR with the Konno procedure. they put in a 21 mm porcine valve. He did well thru the surgery and thru the night. they just extubated him this morning and now he has nasal cannulas which he hates and is constantly pulling out. He is still pretty out of it which is ok. His heart sounds awesome, no more washing machine and barking dog noise! Worst thing: they couldn't find the 2 units of blood that i had donated and had to give him general stock blood. They did find it but too late. $862 down the toliet.

Will post more later.

Thanks for taking the time to post- so glad he did well and look forward to hearing of his easy recovery.

It's great that he did so well, and I'm sure he will make a quick recovery. How are you holding up? I hope you've been able to get some sleep. Thanks for posting the update and please continue to let us know how you all are.

I know you feel like weight has been lifted off of your shoulders. I hope he continues to progress well. Good luck to you all.

Kim

THAT IS FANTASTIC. Thouhgts and prayers for a hassle free recovery. The tubes do suck and I tried to pull them out myself. Damn restraints!!!!!!!

thanks for all the support, prayers and thoughts. Today he was extubated, got his foley out and had some clear liquids. Tonight he is pretty groggy so they are changing his meds a little bit. He also had some issues with his BP today but that is under control now. So we will see what tomorrow brings.

Latest posts

Back