Justin's doc appts

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynlw

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi,
Well this has been a good week. I realized my last thread was started last Friday when we were still in, so life is much better. :)
Thursday was his first post OP adult CHD card appt and all was well. He looks good and unless there is a problem he doesn't have to go back for a month. They will do lots of blood work and an echo then. Otherwise things will take time,but you are doing well,keep it up.
Today was the plastic surgeon. They took off his steri strips and the incision looks beautiful, especially for being open sooo many times.Plastic surgery really cleaned it up when they closed him. He still has swelling in the Rt chest & shoulder area from moving the pec muscle. He can move his arm straight out ahead and straight out to the side. Basically Plastic said the same thing, look good so far, keep up the excercises it will take time. Hopefully IF things keep improving as they have been he might not need PT. They do think the small lump under his right arm pit is the edge of a muscle from when they were "looking around' to decide which muscle to wrap around the sternum. Keep an eye on it ect.
The other thing was the final decision on what his dx was is ..... Recently treated sternal osteomyelitis with mediastinitis
So he had both. I told him he is such an over achiever :)
BTW I do NOT recomend googling words when a loved one is still in CICU post op, you can really read terrifying things.
All in All things are going incredibly well. Especially considerring it has only been 3weeks/3days since his 1st (well tech 5th) surgery and 2 weeks today from the 2nd. He rarely takes any pain meds and gets tired but not too bad.He mainly plays play station,does excercises and we watch movies.
I really do know once again,even tho things were tough, we really ARE Blessed that everything was caught early and Justin is such a strong person.
2 weeks from tonight Justin will be walking around Cooperstown, really how cool is that.
Lyn

ps sorry this got so long 1/2way thru this update I realized it was pretty informative so decided to be lazy & copy it for his caringbridge page,(especially since my space bar is broke and it'sa pain to type alot lol)

Way to go, Justin! Keep up the good work and have a WONDERFUL time at Cooperstown!:D

Sounding good!
We'll continue to pray though, particularly that he doesn't continue to do any more 'over-acheiving'!
Prayers and hugs to you both.

I'm so glad to read this latest update . . . copied or not!

You are indeed blessed, and we are all so happy that you are!:)

Such good news Lyn! Now Justin needs to work on learning how to lead a boring life. His idea of excitement isn't too much fun. HUGS

Lyn, I'm so happy that Justin received such good post-op check-up reports. You are truly blessed indeed. I'm looking forward to hearing what a great time Justin had at Cooperstown for then life will have really resumed for your family. Happy hugs!

Woo hoo!

Great news for Justin!

Lyn ... please remind him that, as a baseball fan, it is his obligation to take LOTS of pictures for the rest of us baseball fans here ... Andrew (fellow Cubs fan, of course) ... and others. Oh, I suppose we could include Cardinals fans in that bunch, too ;). He he

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"And the simple truth so very much clearer" ... Everything ... 'Hooch'

knightfan2691 said:
Woo hoo!

Great news for Justin!

Lyn ... please remind him that, as a baseball fan, it is his obligation to take LOTS of pictures for the rest of us baseball fans here ... Andrew (fellow Cubs fan, of course) ... and others. Oh, I suppose we could include Cardinals fans in that bunch, too ;). He he

"And the simple truth so very much clearer" ... Everything ... 'Hooch'

Will Do, I have a pic of him and Cal when he was 13 I think I could email you.
BTW he made it out last night,he went to about 6 innings of a Camden Riversharks game.Lyn

Ah...that pic must be SWEET! Would love to see it, Lyn :).

Heh ... sounds like he got out more than I did this weekend ... hmmm.....

"An open road and a road that's hidden" ... Steve Wariner ... 'Brand New Life'

knightfan2691 said:
Ah...that pic must be SWEET! Would love to see it, Lyn :).

Heh ... sounds like he got out more than I did this weekend ... hmmm.....

"An open road and a road that's hidden" ... Steve Wariner ... 'Brand New Life'

I'll figure out (or beg Mary lol) how to get it here. Lyn

Lyn, so glad to hear Justin's appointments have gone so well! Tell him to keep up the good work! I hear you about looking stuff up while in the midst of it! It can be very frightening, that's for sure! Wow, can't believe it is only 2 weeks away until Cooperstown!! Friday my husband and son are going to Milwaukee so that my son can see Barry Bonds play vs. Milwaukee. It's a good thing these guys are so young to bounce back like they do! My son's already been playing softball on a team with his older brother. I think it does them good to have something to look forward to!! Great news tho for you guys!!!!:)

Mary said:
Send it to my email, Lyn, and I'll resize it and post for you.

Thanks,I am drivng me nuts. Have been trying to do this a while, then take a break. MY comp died. I can find the pic in "my pictures"on the laptop BUt can't figure out how to even email it to me, It "looks" like I email it,but it never comes (days later even) OR get it to my kodak pictures that I can email from. I really need a computer class. BUT I will figure this out,lol Lyn

Way to go Justin! Have a great time at Cooperstown -- we're waiting for you to write a report on your day!!!!
HUGS

Lynlw said:
Thanks,I am drivng me nuts. Have been trying to do this a while, then take a break. MY comp died. I can find the pic in "my pictures"on the laptop BUt can't figure out how to even email it to me, It "looks" like I email it,but it never comes (days later even) OR get it to my kodak pictures that I can email from. I really need a computer class. BUT I will figure this out,lol Lyn

And here is the promised picture! I'll let Lyn name everybody in the next post!

DCP_1155resized.jpg

Ohhhh....WOW!

Awesome picture ... thank you for sharing it :).

"I think it's time to give this game a ride" ... John Fogerty ... 'Centerfield'

Latest posts

Back