Just saying hi

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy & Robyn

I haven't posted in awhile and thought I would let everyone know I am still alive and kicking. I check the site frequently but haven't posted much.

Around the time of my second surgery in 2006 I was getting caught up in the heated mech vs. tissue debates that were running rampant here and decided to back off for awhile. I didn't want the forum that was instrumental in saving my life to also be the cause of my fatal heart attack.

I appreciate all the advice that was given me here. It helped me survive the worst months in my life. And special thanks to Ross for his insight and support. This place wouldn't be the same without him.

I'm happy to report that a month ago I was pronounced healthy as a horse by both my PCP and my cardio. I'm back to running, biking and lifting.

In addition to my full-time job as a laser-engraver I also run several governent websites that provide statistical analysis for special education students so I am a very busy boy.

But I will try to post more often and help others who are looking for support and comfort when they need it most.

Randy

Sounds great and of course, your missed. Things have changed a lot. We plan on keeping it that way too. ;)

good post - it is always good for newbies to see that a full and busy life can be achieved after OHS.

As to the mechanical/tissue debate, I have a mechanical; I think the choice is completely up to each individual. However, that choice can not be made without knowing all the pros and cons of each, and HEALTHY debate is a good thing.

Ross, I have noticed that the feuding has lessened greatly. Its nice to see everyone getting along.

And Jeanette, I agree wholeheartedly that healthy debate is a good thing. When I went into my first surgery looking for a repair, my backup valve choice was actually a tissue valve.

However, once my repair failed two weeks after my surgery and I knew what that train feels like when it hits you, I very quickly rethought that idea and went mechanical even though my surgeon at Cleveland told me tissue was still a viable option.

I might be deluding myself because I know that things can still go wrong, but I like to believe that it will be many many more years before I need to climb onto that table again.

Randy

Key point is debate. For some people, it's not a debate and turns into a flame war. It's not going to be tolerated any more here.

You take the fun out of everything! Party pooper! :mad:

No more migraines.........we need our RossMan around for a good long while.

Randy, check out the lengthy Joke thread, and of course, the infamous Sex threads.
That'll keep you smiling and relaxed. :)

Randy, Thanks for stopping in! Sounds like you are doing very well, and doing some really good work! Brian

Latest posts

Back