Just realized today is 1 year!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mom2izzy

Mitral valve repair performed by Dr. Bolling at the University of Michigan one year ago today!

My recovery was uneventful (in a good way).

I had no obvious symptoms pre-surgery, so I can't really say that I'm feeling better than ever, but definitely back to normal.

I no longer have panic attacks whenever I feel a little "off" which is probably the best result.

The biggest concern pre-surgery was my enlarged chamber (can't remember if it was a ventricle or atririum)...At 8 months post-op, my heart had remodeled itself right back into the normal range.

My cardio wants me to stay on Metoprolol...just because he says my heart took enough of a beating during it's first 40 years. We should be nicer to it for the next 40...I'm not a fan of this. I feel like my mood is a little TOO level. My surgeon had said I shouldn't need the meds, so I will keep pushing my cardio to let me quit, until then I'm just coasting along...

Thanks to all of you here for the support...both pre and post!

Congratulations--counting in years is a big milestone! Wishing you continued 'uneventful' status.

I'm not sure why cardiologists are so enamoured of beta-blockers (and that's confessing ignorance, not the result of study). I got to drop mine when I started working out and my heart rate dropped to 40, with light-headedness. Still on an ace-inhibitor, though.

Best wishes,

Congrats - seems like this is a popular time to have valve surgery as many have anniversaries -- you're in good company. Wishing you many, many more.

Late to the party, but congratulations on your anniversary. Can't believe how time has flown by. Here's to many, many more anniversaries in the future!

Tom

Latest posts

Back