Joe's in the hospital again

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yay!

yay!

Sounds like you may have nipped it in the bud before it got really bad. Good to see this report. Off to bed with you!

Thank Goodness!

Thank Goodness!

Glad to hear that things are on the upswing!
Here's hoping Joe will be back home where he belongs real soon!

best wishes

best wishes

Best wishes. Seems that you have been there and done it all before, but even all that experience does'nt take away the initial shock again does it?! Keep your chin up.

It is good news that Joe is better. Once he is home, we will be settled again. Sounds like they are on top of things.

When Joe goes in the hospital, we hear from folks we haven't seen in a good while. Shows how many read; don't post. Never know who is watching, huh? Nice to see y'all..........

I'm with Ross,
we want him better and home by Wed, maybe even Tues. afternoon,
Steve

Nancy

Nancy

You just keep hanging, Joe has been through so much and it is great he has you in his corner. He will get much better and will be home soon. Take care and prayers to you and Joe.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

GOOD NEWS, NANCY.....THANKS!! STILL IN THE PRAYERS, THOUGH, TILL HE WALKS THROUGH YOUR DOOR!

Ev

Nancy,
I was so sorry to hear about Joe being back in the hospital. It really is the best place for him. Once I read on I was happy to hear he is doing better. You need to use a little of that "Irish Gumption" every now and again. Please let us know how things progress!

Take Care & God Bless!
Gail

Nancy I was so sorry to read about Joe. On scrolling down though I see he is doing better. Thanks to your wise intuition and stubborn Irish persuasion( I'm half Irish), so I do understand!

It appears you got him there before it got too bad. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you have Joe home with you by mid week! Try to get some rest! Take care and God B;less!

Nancy

Nancy

I have'nt posted in a while but I do stop in frequently. You and Joe will be in my prayers. You both have been through so much. Hopefully this will be it for the rest of 2004. 2005 and so on and so on. I'll be thinking of you. Peggy

Nancy

Nancy

I have'nt posted in a while but I do stop in frequently. You and Joe will be in my prayers. You both have been through so much. Hopefully this will be it for the rest of 2004. I'll be thinking of you. Peggy

Geeze Louis - I stay offline for a day and it goes to pot. Glad to hear Joe is doing better Nancy. My best wishes to both of you, and a sincere hope that Joe will be home soon enjoying your gourmet cooking again. Chris

Nancy.. I don't post to often..but I do try and get here a few times a week to check out "You All"
I was so sorry to hear that Joe was in the hospital..he almost made the year:) I am very happy that he is feeling better..those 9 pounds of fluid off his lungs is good to get rid of. When Allan was in the hospital 2 years ago he lost 19 pounds of pure fluid..all from reaction to novasc and Actos it was scarey to say the least.
It was good that you ride herd on Joe..you are his guardian angel! and manage to nip things in the bud:)
I hope that Joe is home quickly.
Joan

He's looking better and better. Still losing water with injected Lasix. Last night the nurse decided to give him his Lasix injection at 11:30 PM. It should have been given much earlier and the hospital "forgot" to order his ProCrit injection on Friday, which is a pretty important injection for him and then refused to give him any over the rest of the weekend because they only give it on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. When I said, "Well, OK then what happened to Friday?" I was met with a blank expression and a shrug. So I guess they thought it was alright to do that kind of work.

All in all, not a very stellar performance for this hospital, much sloppiness and much nursing neglect with some total filth thrown in. This is the reason to never get sick on the weekend. :(

But enough bad mouthing. The important thing was to get the fluid off, look at his rhythms with telemetry and keep an eye on the diarrhea, and see if the labs return to normal.

The good news is that his stomach which was filled with fluid is almost back to normal, his liver is no longer tender, his minor leg swelling is gone. The doctor mentioned possibly going home tomorrow, if labs look good.

The other wonderful news is that, after much more diligent lab work it was determined that his diarrhea was not c.diff (which is really a nasty bug), but was viral in nature, which was his original diagnosis. And that is improving.

I'm not sure what his heart rhythm or rate is doing, we'll probably hear more tomorrow when his regular card has a look at the telemetry readouts.

Joe will be very happy to get home.

Check out the Coumadin forum. I'm going to post a Coumadin puzzle.

Wow, I look away for a day and this is what happens. I'm out of town for a few days but will be thinking of you. Take care of Joe (and yourself). Hope all goes well. I'll keep you in my prayers!!!!!

Heather

Nancy and Joe

Nancy and Joe

Sorry to hear of your recent set-back. I've been away since Friday. Sounds like things are returning to normal. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Joe. This lady of yours is very special to all of us as well...;)

Nancy, glad to hear things are normalizing. Couldn't agree more about weekend trips to the hospital. Unfortunately, they can't always be planned, can they?.:)

Paul

Nancy,

So glad to hear Joe is on the up and up - despite some of the hiccups along the way :rolleyes:

I hope things continue to go well for him and that he is back home with you soon.

Sending positive thoughts to the both of you....

Cheers
Anna : )

Latest posts

Back