Joe the Plumber

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good description.;):D

Duff - I can never tell with you whether you are serious or just trying to keep things lively.

I like to call this type of joking as "kidding on the square". I don't know
where I got the phrase,but I liked it and it stuck.
I could be wrong though ,only DuffMan knows his true intentions.
Dina

As I heard somewhere--"It will be nice to have a president who is fluent in at least one language."

And, to quote Chris Rock: "Only George Bush could make it hard for a white man to run for president."

Funny answer, Dennis! :)

Mail-in ballots here in Oregon ... I have already mailed in my vote.
Looking forward to an interesting election evening!!

Marguerite

I'm voting for the Marxist commie antichrist. :eek:

candleyf11jz4.jpg

Ah yes Duffy, we Catholics do worship idols..:D Hey, that's my Irish Catholic candidate you've got there.....Father O'Bama http://educationalwhisper.blogspot.com/2008/09/theres-no-one-as-irish-as-barak-obama.html

I always vote absentee, too. this is Florida; hope they count it!

LOL!

At least you aren't here in Chicagoland where they count the same vote multiple times ;). he he

I'll vote for anyone not stupid enough to fall for the lies spewing forth from Ch#$r%*et (since the mid-1980s) and the Tribune Company (since 1982).

:)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ... & I approve this post
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I'm sick & tired of being politically correct" ... John Mellencamp ... 'Peaceful World'

Cort's right - we in the Chicago area have always used the phrase "Vote early and vote often!" going back to the first Mayor Daley's delivering the presidency to Kennedy. Seems to me like all the early voting is a good way to be able to vote many times in different places. There's so many questionable voter registrations, chances of getting caught are slim. I'm guessing that, unless it's a landslide, it could be days or weeks before we know who won.

Cort's right - we in the Chicago area have always used the phrase "Vote early and vote often!" going back to the first Mayor Daley's delivering the presidency to Kennedy. Seems to me like all the early voting is a good way to be able to vote many times in different places. There's so many questionable voter registrations, chances of getting caught are slim. I'm guessing that, unless it's a landslide, it could be days or weeks before we know who won.

I hope our election officials check carefully to minimize voter fraud. In a way, protecting the integrity of our elections is even more important than the outcome of this particular election (though it is indeed a momentous one).

I hope we do everything possible to protect the integrity of the voting process. It is vital that we maintain faith in the voting process. But I, for one, am a supporter of the option for early voting. Stories of 70 year old people waiting in line in the Georgia heat for five hours or more to cast their vote are simply not acceptable. Where casting a vote becomes a major test of endurance, you have already seriously compromised the voting process, IMHO.

I hope we do everything possible to protect the integrity of the voting process. It is vital that we maintain faith in the voting process. But I, for one, am a supporter of the option for early voting. Stories of 70 year old people waiting in line in the Georgia heat for five hours or more to cast their vote are simply not acceptable. Where casting a vote becomes a major test of endurance, you have already seriously compromised the voting process, IMHO.

As long as people aren't voting early, and then, through subterfuge, voting again on election day.

Plus, the lines for early voting have been hours long in some places. The problem of old folks avoiding long lines on election day can be handled as it has been traditionally -- by absentee ballots.

Looks like we've got the usual suspects cornered right here on VR:eek: . . .
Ross, Hensylee, and Marguerite have stated they've VOTED EARLY! Good Heavens . . . we all know they're prime candidates to engage in voter fraud!;):p:p:p

Those of us who can't stand for long periods of time need to bring along a little folding camp chair. Of course, we don't want to see Grandma with a broken hip after the camp chair has collapsed....what a dilemma.

Seems to me like all the early voting is a good way to be able to vote many times in different places. There's so many questionable voter registrations, chances of getting caught are slim.

Not really Karlynn, and I speak as one who has worked local, state and the general election in November. We are sworn to uphold the law and I prefer to believe poll workers for the vast majority - do uphold the law. Also, the chance of getting caught is rather good - at least down here in Texas where those measures are in place.

Right on Dennis -- I am a firm believer of early voting and have already cast my vote. There would be absolutely no way the polls could accommodate the huge number of voters in this election. Not to mention how unfair it is to elderly folks and those physically challenged who cannot stand in line for hours and hours.

So I guess those folks who are bragging that they registered and voted multiple times are simply lying for whatever reason?????????? If they are lying, it is really a shame since it is causing way too much negativity towards the integrity of the system and if they are not lying - well - even worse.

I guess whether voter fraud is occurring depends on whether it favors your candiate and whether it did occur depends on whether your candidate won or lost.:rolleyes:;):D

I have always thought of election day as kind of like Christmas. It is a very special day in which I get to participate in one of the most wonderful activitites possible. Voting early is fine for those who are physically unable to make it to the polls for whatever reason but they should have to prove it (via doctor's note, proof of being out of town, etc. (like in the past). Otherwise, I think voting should take place only on election day. I have seen people wait in line for hours to get in for a shopping sale. Why would electing our president be considered less important????? :confused::rolleyes::confused:

This is, of course, only my opinion.

Well, I was an early voter too for the first time! I just couldn't see myself standing in long lines on Nov. 4th to cast my vote when I was able to do it early & get it out of the way. (and I don't do well when I stand too long anyway!) That way, come Tuesday evening, I'll just sit in front of my TV & watch the returns! :)

And may the best man win! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back