its jojofromct from my cell!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
inr is still 1.1 and they started coumdin 3 days ago and lovenox 2 days ago. i am nervous for clots still. dad might be going home 2moro !!! he feels great! he is off oxygen !! the inr stuff is still freaking me out but everyone is telling me its ok.

Good to know that your Dad's surgery is overwith. The pain & discomfort are normal but as the body heals, this too will pass. Hope he continues to do well!

Take care! :)

Your dad will be fine since they are bridging him with Lovenox. His INR should raise shortly anyway. It takes three days for a change in the Coumadin level.

I am so happy that he feels so well.

inr is still 1.1 and they started coumdin 3 days ago and lovenox 2 days ago. i am nervous for clots still. dad might be going home 2moro !!! he feels great! he is off oxygen !! the inr stuff is still freaking me out but everyone is telling me its ok.

It takes 3 days for all those doses to show up in a test. Did they start him back on his normal dose?

The Lovenox works immediately,so that will keep him anticoagulated while
waiting for the coumadin to take effect. I had to stay on the Lovenox for
a couple weeks while I waited,but most don't need to wait so long.
Glad to hear he will be home soon.
Also everything Nancy said is true and helpful advice.

hey ross, yes, they started him on coumidin his regular dose the day after surgery and i believe the lovenox the next day after, both are going on now...i was so happy to hear they are bridging him, i only found out this morning when he told me...lol...he was a bit loopy for a few days so maybe he forgot...well we left him tonight, he is tired...i dont like leaving him but we had too...he might be coming home tomorrow everyone, i will let you know AND they are buying a lap top so he can join the board too. what a week - when i am home and relaxed i will write more of the experience we had, it was good believe me, these nurses and surgeons and doctors at danbury are amazing. so when i have time i will write more. please continue to pray for my dad. love you all!!!
JoJo

His INR should be back up to normal with a week or so. Perhaps even sooner. Now little lady, stop worrying about things. The major worry is done and over with and it's all about recovery now. ;)

dad is home! he is sleeping and very tired which is expected, he is making some noises while he is sleeping, anyone expereiince that one? its like humming or something, it makes me giggle but also makes me nervous. here are some pics from the other day of dad.

dad.jpg

danburyhospital.jpg

Your Dad looks great! You don't want to know how bad I looked......;)

Me too. He looks WAY better than I did.
He also has a much better attitude,I think I actually
growled at one of the aids one day:D

He looks great and I see he has his heart pillow -- good stuff! I think making weird noises and being kind of fitful in sleep when first home is quite common. Sending prayers for continued great recovery. Now you get some rest too, Superdaughter, and also your Supermom! :D

WOW!!! Your dad is home already!:D That is great and he looks good for just having gone through OHS. Praying his recovery continues to run smooth. What a blessing you have incountered. Tell your dad to keep up the good work.:)

Hi Everyone. I am going home today. I dont want to leve my parents but I can, its ok. They will be fine. I will be back and sleep over next weekend. My husband is going to get them a new TV and lap top today. So they will enjoy the recovery a little bit. I am only 30 minutes away but still dont want to leve them. I have to get back to work Tuesday, I took tomorrow off to get some food in my house and cleana little bit. Dad is good. HJe doesnt have pain, just sore. Also, he was so tired when he got home yesterday, he had to sleep, the coming home of course knocked him tired. But as we all know that is ok. Tomorrow they are going to the Coumdin Clinic to get the INR checked. This morning my mom is giving him a Lovenox shot. I feel like this is a dream. Its over and now its time to recovery, I feel I need to give back somehow. I need to do something. I am so thankful and will conitue to pray. Once dad gets his lap top in order we will get him on here, he will love it.

Glad he is doing so well and on the way to a complete recovery. Sounds like thay have it all under control and you can go home in peace. We will look forward to hearing from your Dad.

Latest posts

Back