It's been 2 years now!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLLEEN S

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
:biggrin2:Hello fellow Pricks (home testers), ladies and gentlemen! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:
It has been 2 years since my last confess..woops! Its been 2 years since my surgery! I'd like to say I lost 50 lbs, but I can't...so I'd just like to say I cant believe its been 2 years!
After the Ross in '97, I'd hoped never to have heart surgery again. Then the shortness of breath started and an ascending thoracic aneurysm was found in 2006. Surgical repair of the aneurysm and insertion of the St. Jude valve was in Dr. Cameron's hands...literally.
I was in my mid thirties for the Ross, and then for the 2nd OHS, I was 45, for anyone who's counting. I was working at the time of the Ross and the 2nd OHS, and now I find myself unemployed due to a economic downsize. Looking for work at 47 isn't easy, but it beats the alternative.
Thanks to all of you who made the journey somewhat more bearable, thanks to Hank for this site and Ross for all his work too, and the Chimpster! And my family! My husband has been thru so much with me, it is a wonder he didn't throw in the towel years ago, I sure can pick 'em! My daughter and son-in-law, my in-laws who came to visit me afterward and took the time to be with me post surg. My mom, who at 73, slept in a GERI CHAIR the first night of the surgery and never complained. My friends here, too many to name, who all helped me at one time or another...and of course Dr. Cameron at Johns Hopkins.

On my second Valversary I cut a pink heart out of paper and drew a red number 2 on it...then pinned it to my shirt. My family thought I was a bit weird, but it made me happy. Congrats, Colleen !!!! Do something more exciting than my paper heart thing. ; )

Congratulations on your 2nd Colleen! I wish you many more years filled with wonderful health!

And good luck looking for work. Who knows, perhaps you'll land the kind of job you've always wanted!!! :)

Last edited:
HAPPY RE-BIRTHDAY
HBD10.GIF

Latest posts

Back