It was a success!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been in the step-down unit for a day now. Sitting to eat (liquids) and walking several times a day. I'm really surprised how smoothly things are going. Should get the tubes pulled today. My incision looks good, too. Amazing staff here at Mayo. Thanks to all!

Keep up the good work! Pace yourself. I am watching closely as I anticipate my surgery next week.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

My chest tubes were pulled last night before bed. The sensation is one of pulling but with no pain associated with it. Afterwords, it felt like there was something missing from my chest. Slept on and off but still getting little real rest. Just had my pacer wires pulled. That was an even stranger sensation. I am now wire and tube-free with an estimated departure of Saturday! Can't wait to get home.

W, my experience with the removal of the tubes and pacer wires was much the same. It didn't hurt, exactly, but they were really odd sensations as they were removed. Now, you just have to be measured in increasing activity once you get home so that you don't strain the chest and set back your recovery. I hope your weather will allow you to walk outside once you are home.

Larry

Latest posts

Back