Introduction

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chele

Hello,

I just jopined your group.
My name is Michele,34 years old. Diagnosed with MVP as a toddler stayed mild untill this past November when it was "moderate" when checked this March it is now "severe"
Tuesday i will meet with my surgeon, Dr. Gleason to iron out details of my surgery date etc.
Earlier this month when he did tee and cath, he gave me a 95% chance of repair.

I am happily married for almost 16 years, although since we found out surgery is iminent my husband has been treating like a china doll. Sometimes I enjoy it other times it gets on my nerves. Seriously i am so lucky to have him he has been a rock these past weeks.

I have 2 biological sons ages 17 and 14 and a foster son age 14. They are great kids , i am truly blessed !!

Thanks for haviong this Group,

Michele in PA

Welcome and good luck with the appt. Let us know how it goes, the people here are great helping with questions you may have.

Welcome Chele,
Sending you some positive vibrations. I'm sure that your surgeon will fix you up as close to normal as possible. Also happy to hear that your husband and kids will be able to give watch your back while you are recovering. Please keep us updated with surgery date etc. This is a wonderful place to come when you are feeling confused, sad, happy or anything in between. Best of Luck to you.

Hello,

I just jopined your group.
My name is Michele,34 years old. Diagnosed with MVP as a toddler stayed mild untill this past November when it was "moderate" when checked this March it is now "severe"
Tuesday i will meet with my surgeon, Dr. Gleason to iron out details of my surgery date etc.
Earlier this month when he did tee and cath, he gave me a 95% chance of repair.

I am happily married for almost 16 years, although since we found out surgery is iminent my husband has been treating like a china doll. Sometimes I enjoy it other times it gets on my nerves. Seriously i am so lucky to have him he has been a rock these past weeks.

I have 2 biological sons ages 17 and 14 and a foster son age 14. They are great kids , i am truly blessed !!

Thanks for haviong this Group,

Michele in PA

Hi Michele, welcome to the board. Have you looked into davinci robotic surgery? It's a great minimally invasive procedure for mitral valve repair. At any rate good luck to you, and feel free to pm me if you have any questions about the experience.

Hi, and welcome!

Like you, I was diagnosed with MVP very early on (at birth). I was 30 when my valve began to fail (I'll be 35 in September), and had surgery in June '06. I had minimally invasive surgery to repair my valve. I know Ryen shared with you that he had robotic-assisted surgery, which is an option for you to consider.

Feel free to send me a Private Message if you'd like to discuss this more. By the way, I know all too well what it's like to have a loving, supportive husband who treated me like I were fragile when I was getting close to surgery.

Best,
Debi (debster913)

Welcome! Glad you have support at home as well. You will find a wealth of information here, you only need to ask. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Robotic option is definately on my list of questions for the Dr.

Have a great day !!

Michele

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Robotic option is definately on my list of questions for the Dr.

Have a great day !!

Michele

Be sure to ask the Surgeon(s) you interview about How Much Experience they have doing the procedure YOU will need
and their results. Typically, the more they do, the better they are. Unless you need a Rare Procedure, I'm thinking 100 per year or more would be a Good Sign, assuming his success rates are in the 90's, preferably high 90's.

It also helps to use a High Volume Heart Surgery Hospital so that the Nurses and Support Staff are also experienced and KNOW how to recognize signs of complications and what to do about them.

'AL Capshaw'

Latest posts

Back