Introducing the newest member of our family

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAJ

I would like introduce the newest member of our family, WinnDixie (formerly known as Ginger). I found her at the Southern Illinois Pet Society via petfinder.com. We arranged for a visit on our way home from my parent's in Illinois right after New Years’ day.

She is a Schnauzer mix but not sure what is in the mix:). She was brought to the Pet Society by the police about a year ago cold, wet and hungry. She was estimated at that time to be only two months old.

WinnDixie is adjusting very well despite having chewed up the unplugged power cord to one to one of the kid’s games bought with her own money, my wife’s pajama top , and my son’s retainer. My wife’s pajama top was on top of the kennel. While WinnDixie was inside of it, part of the pajamas was hanging over part of the wire screen on the side of the kennel. Somehow WinnDixie got a hold of it and managed to pull part of it through the wired screen and chewed three big holes. Fortunately my wife just laughed about it. My son had his retainer on a bathroom counter. WinnDixie stood on her hind legs and stole it. We blame ourselves, not her for all of these events.

Yesterday, I was in our bedroom when I heard something drop to the floor. I turned to look. WinnDixie had gone into the pantry and carried an almost empty bag of dog food and dropped it next to me. She has also caught on very quickly to the house breaking. So far, she has not had one single accident. She is definitely one big sweet baby and already spoiled :). She loves to run in our big back yard, and has turned into a real Mommy’s girl. Attached is a picture I took of her earlier today.

I just love the picture of your little WinnDixie! (There used to a store chain, or still is, called WinnDixie -- is that where the name came from?)

I hope you enjoy many years of love & joy with her. I have a little Schnauzer mix too & she's a sweetie! :)

Yes, there is a grocery store chain called Winn Dixie. It is head quartered here in Jacksonville. There is also a movie titled 'Because of Winn Dixie'. It is the story about dog and how she brought a small coummunity together. The antics of our WinnDixie are just like the dog in the movie. She also looks like the dog WinnDixie in the movie.

Karl

Yes, there is a grocery store chain called Winn Dixie. It is head quartered here in Jacksonville. There is also a movie titled 'Because of Winn Dixie'. It is the story about dog and how she brought a small coummunity together. The antics of our WinnDixie are just like the dog in the movie. She also looks like the dog WinnDixie in the movie.

Karl

Okay & yes, she DOES look like the little guy in the movie! Cute!! :)

Latest posts

Back