Introducing Emma

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christina L

Hey all -

I have not been on the board in a long while - I check in every now and then to make sure everyone is okay and of course was heartbroken to hear of Granbonny's passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to all on VR.com who are having difficulties and new illnesses. It truly breaks my heart as you all are family to me.

Wayne and I had a sadness recently in the passing of our 18-1/2-year-old bichon frise whom we adopted 4-1/2 years ago. He was our baby until now....

and that is why I am posting - to give you all a first glimpse of Emma Jewell! :) Really her full name is Emma Jewell Clarice Kim - a name fit for a princess as I like to tell people. ;) We will be going to get her in Vietnam most likely in August. As some of you may remember - this has been a looooong journey for Wayne and I -we started the adoption process from China in late 2005. China adoptions have slowed to a crawl, thus we switched over to Vietnam and now Vietnam is having its own problems, but we are very hopeful that we finally will become parents.

We covet prayers and good wishes for this little child - that Wayne and I will have many years together with her, as we are **cough*** "mature" first-time parents. We plan to enjoy every moment we are given with this precious little child. :)

Christina L

Christina,
I hope you soon will hold Emma in your arms.
Bonnie talked frequently about your plans for adoption; what a long road you and Wayne had to travel.
She would be pleased to know that you are fast approaching the end of this journey.

Amazing Christina! You have my prayers that you will hold your daughter soon!

Congratulations on your upcoming baby adoption and your patience!
I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your little dog. Years ago I had also adopted a 14 yr old Bichon Frise.
She was the sweetest little girl and lived until she was 16.

Christina, I am so thrilled for you and hope you are holding Emma in your arms before long. You and Wayne will make wonderful parents and she is beautiful!

Christina,

Guess I'll have to give you back your GOOGLE License so you can start researching "caring for baby".:p Congratulations on Emma Jewell. August will be here before you know it. Prayers and good thoughts are coming your way for a safe trip and a glorious "family of three" return to Colorado.

Also sorry to read about your dog. They quickly become members of our family too. Each one is missed when they cross that rainbow bridge.

May God Bless,

Danny :)

Christina,

Emma is just gorgeous. I wish you and Wayne a very smooth journey to parenthood.

I remember it well. Bonnie would be so proud for you, as we all are, as well. It has taken a long while and we hope it will be soon. Enjoy all the years ahead. God bless you for this little life in your hands.

What a precious little princess Emma is...This is wonderful news...It has been a long journey.... I have followed your story....August isn't too far away.
Congratulations.

Congratulations Christina!!!

Congratulations Christina!!!

What a beautiful little angel!!! My aunt and uncle in Washington State just adopted their 4th child from China and they are absolutely thrilled, so I know you will be every bit as thrilled and have nothing but joy and happiness. You know you have my prayers and thoughts for nothing but the very best in happiness for you and yours, and I also want to tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your beloved pet. ((((((((((((((((((((Huge Hugs)))))))))))))))) from Harrybaby:D:D:D

Thank you everyone -

Thank you everyone -

for your kind words of congratulations on our adoption of Emma and sympathy on the loss of our "first baby" Stanley. Extreme sorrow and joy all at the same time - such is life, right? ;)

Wayne and I are over the moon regarding Emma Jewell. This has been SUCH a journey - my new saying "international adoption ain't for sissies!" lol

If you all can remember, we started out with China, then when that program slowed down, we looked into adopting a baby boy from Guatemala and we were advised not to do that because of problems with the Guatemala program, then we were going to adopt a baby boy from Vietnam and that fell through...so last September we started with another agency and began the process for a Vietnamese adoption of a baby girl. We got Emma's referral on March 27 and just got the "official" referral and that is why it was okay for me to post her photo.

We still have a small hurdle, but hurdle nonetheless, to get over - we just filled out the last form which is where we are applying for a visa for Emma - the U.S. government will go in and investigate Emma's case to make sure she is truly an orphan. There is a lot of turmoil going on in Vietnam adoptions right now - you probably have seen the papers. However, we are VERY hopeful that we will be bringing Emma home to Colorado in August. :)

Thank you again for sharing our joy - and our sorrow. I cried while reading your posts - there is no place like here on VR.com that I can find such genuine and caring people. :)

Phyllis - you are in my prayers - and others who are going through difficult times. Life is most certainly not without sorrow and difficulties, so we need to savor the happy moments and "be brave" (wise words from Al).

I will keep you all updated on our adoption journey and will post another photo when we get it! Emma was 2 months old in this photo I posted and she is now 5 months old.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend and Ross, we anxiously await news of your grandson!

((((hugs)))) to everyone!!

Christina L

Oh Christina!! I was so happy when I saw this post. I'm just so thrilled for you. Emma is just gorgeous! You'll be in my prayers, and I can't wait for you to bring her home! I'm so sorry about your pup. All of us that have these sweet creatures know exactly what you're going through there. Just know that I'm thinking of you. LINDA

Thank you Linda!

Thank you Linda!

Your words are too sweet also. Thank you for the condolences and the congrats.

I forgot to say something about Granbonny - how could I forget to do that?!:eek:

Anyway...she privately E-mailed me months ago and told me about her grandchildren that were adopted from Russia - oh how she adored those grandchildren! She encouraged me on in our adoption and had such kind words to say - always. I know Bonnie is smiling down from heaven on all of us. She is so missed. THAT is the mark of a well-lived life and Bonnie most certainly had a wonderful life.

Again, thanks to all for your love and encouragement. :)

Christina L

Your post touches my heart. Wow!! what a journey you've been on.
It has always been in God's plan for you to get Emma. You both deserve the best and Emma must be part of that blessing. Congratulations, to the both of you. Keep us posted... God continue to bless!!

Back