Indoor Cricket Survived...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic8Ball

Well after doing next to nothing since surgery in november other than life in general with two kids the works indoor cricket team were short one body so i kinda volunteered to be a warm corpse in a game of indoor cricket.

I was a little worried about getting hit in the head but decided that i was protecting myself way too much to be healthy long term so gave it a go.

An hour or so later i'd survived, been hit in the shin and the thigh with a cricket ball and survived (will check for bruises tomorrow), caught someone out, scored a few runs, got stumped a couple of times but basically had fun.

It was fun, i was knackered, my heart rate was about 115-150 during activity and did peak to about 185 at one point when i was bowling but that was stress related as i'm crap at bowling and getting a bit embarrased.

But i think i'll go back and do it again.

Time to start ramping up life and activity again, watch out world...:D

Activity

Activity

While I wouldn't be worried about getting hit with an indoor cricket ball, I will say bowling within 6 months of surgery is an achievement, it was 8 months before I started swimming and even then it was sore down the incision line afterwards. Keep up the good work, it does take a while to believe the first time you are under real physical pressure you will not collapse, if you were in good health before surgery, an AVR doesn't automatically make you a basket case. I can personally say I am more active now post surgery than I was pre-surgery, I didn't go through an AVR just to exist! :)

Latest posts

Back