Incision Shield?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watson, Oklahoma Heart Institute gives really cute bear pillows.

Cropped Bear..jpg

I worried about these things, too, Watson but after my AVR, I never found that things like clothes or even the cat on my chest caused me any problem. Well, that is until the kitten grew from 2 to 16 pounds when I did find it uncomfortable for him to sit on my chest for long. Even the first day you wake up, you will be able to lay your hand on your incision without discomfort; just don't thump it. After I started driving at 5 weeks, my friend Susan made me a pillow to use in the car. It is simple cylinder 10" long and 5" wide and stuffed with a very soft fill. I found that I had no problem with things sharply hurting my chest, but the seat belt was a real irritant. I used the round pillow in the car for several months. The "X" device you mentioned is a gimick and you don't need to waste your money.

Larry

Last edited:
My father received the heart pillow at Cleveland Clinic once he left ICU and was in a step down room. You can also attend a "what to expect going home" informational session held in the visitor's coffee/tea room. I took extensive notes, typed then printed and enclosed with the notebooks from the clinic so my mother had them as a reference.

Latest posts

Back