I'm home!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessie316

Well Thank you everyone. I got home about an hour ago, exhausted but doing well. My only "bump" as you guys called them is They are not sure if I neded up with a rotator cuff tear somehow in surgery. My chest is sore but no where as near as uncomfortable as my shoulder at any given time. I had my surgery Monday and home today not so bad. And for all of you who sent well wishes towards my father thank you and he went home today as well. So I hope soon one of us can travel to go see eachother.

I am also home recruip. Had my AVR June 30. Welcome to the other side of the mountain.

So happy to hear both you and your Dad did well and are home.

Sorry about the shoulder and hopefully giving it the rest it will get as you won't be doing any lifting will help it heal.

Wishing you an uneventful recovery.

Glad to hear your home.
You know the rules.....eat, rest, walk, rest and repeat.

That dang shoulder, been there too. Try to relax the shoulders by reaching for the ground - slowly. You may not notice it, but I bet (if your like me) you've got your shoulders near your ears (in a manner of speaking). Its been 2 years for me and I still catch myself having my shoulders in the 'high' position.

Sending best wishes to you and your dad for a bump free recovery.
Take Care and be good to yourself.

rotator cuff

rotator cuff

i have got a damaged rotator cuff on my left shoulder. before surgery i mentioned this to the surgeon and asked him to try to take this into account. and he replied "you are having a heart operation, we will not be doing anything with your shoulder" "do you think we are going to torture you!"?

and they did not cause a problem with my rotator cuff, but i did end up with back ache.

so i do not understand how the op could have torn your rotator cuff?

Glad your home and (shoulder) boy!!! do i recall that:rolleyes:
seems alot of us have had that font end of the train;)
Take it slow,it gets better with time.

my right shoulder also was worse than my chest as far as pain goes. it finally went away about a month out of surgery but every once in a while i can still feel it a bit. i am now 6 weeks out of surgery and happy to report recovery is going smoothly as i am sure that yours will also.

Glad to see that they released you & your father. I hope you have a smooth recovery & your shoulder goes back to normal. Don't overdo it & when you need help ask for it. Good luck & God Bless.

Latest posts

Back