I'm Back

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbone

It ended up that they went in from both thighs, and the right & left side of my neck. I went on the table at 9:45 am, and got off the table at 6:30 pm. I of course had to stay overnight. When they tore the tape off I had several tape related burns. all in all I have to take it easy for a week.

As far as results my oxegen levels went from 81% to 84 % They are going to review the information that they collected & get back with me. They did however state that because of the way my Glenn Shunt was performed as a baby that the some kind of liver nutrients are not getting to the left lung.

I might have to have surgery, or just let it go & end up back where I was last week again. Apperently the nutrients help abate the growth of the bypassing veins? There were several large ones that they plugged, but also many small ones they could not plug. We are in a wait & see mode now.

Well at least your home! Sorry they didn't have anything really conclusive to tell you, but then I think you sort of felt that way before you even went.

Tbone - so glad to see you post. Even tho' you're a newer member - it feels like you've been here forever - and that's a good thing!! :D

You're in my prayers. Rest and take it easy.

What a long, difficult day for you. Happy it is behind you and hope the report you get is the best possible. Do as they say and take it easy. Goodness knows, you've earned it.

Good to see you back on the boards, T. At least you know more than you did before, even if it's not conclusive and you're back in a kind of limbo.

And since you and Ross are buds, could you please tell him that his new avi is just plain goofy?

And since you and Ross are buds, could you please tell him that his new avi is just plain goofy?

You have to take a close look at the glasses. Also, this is the guy who wanted to go streaking. Does it make more sense to you now? :D

You two are just a couple of punks. Now I'm going to have to go find a magnifying glass because old bats like me don't see all that well.

Tbone- I read your post but not really sure what they did to you. What is it called, and what they were trying to fix?? When you have time and energy could you explain?? Thanks Debbie :)

Yes, inquiring minds want to know. Is this some kind of ablation?
Sharon

Tbone - so glad to see you post. Even tho' you're a newer member - it feels like you've been here forever - and that's a good thing!! :D

You're in my prayers. Rest and take it easy.

So true with me too! I feel you have been here forever.

Sorry for the long day and the issue you are having, hoping there will be a good solution.)

Tbone- I read your post but not really sure what they did to you. What is it called, and what they were trying to fix?? When you have time and energy could you explain?? Thanks Debbie

Somehow the vein that goes into my left lung has that feed the cappilary beds has offshoots that direct the blood right by it without stopping to get the oxygen. Three large ones were found & blocked off, but there are many small one that are to little to do anything with.

By capping (Plugging) the large ones they were able to get my oxygen to come up. It cam up from 81 % to 84/85 %. This is were I was Last year. The way my Glenn Shunt was done is that both the main arteries that come from my neck go to my left lung. It is therefore cut off from getting some kind of enzyme from my liver to keep these veins from growing.

Reading your above post.....Sounds painful:(
prayers to great results of all you went through now.

zipper2 (DEB)

Latest posts

Back