I'm back

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SignlRun

We got home yesterday about 1:30pm.

Surgery went well; first cut at 9:41am and in ICU at 6:30pm. New ON-X valve, root and partial replacement of the arch. 3rd and 4th days post op were grim (never fully appreciated the "watch out for the bus" saying until now) but I have felt steadily better since then.

Dr. Chen and the whole staff at Emory University Hospital were simply incredible. Dr. Chen is a detail man alright. It had been a week since he had seen us; a minimum of 4-5 surgeries a day and he still has the presence to recognize and compliment my wife's haircut in the ICU waiting room. Ive never met anyone with so much confidence and absolutely no ego.

Hard to describe how great it feels being at home. My Family, my friends, my bed, my bathroom, my kitchen, my dog, my cat.. you get the idea.

No one here wants to know how much I peed last night!

Thanks to you all for the support and encouragement.

Have a wonderful day.

Welcome home and to your new life!

I can't remember, are you one of the people on the trial?

Glad you are "home, sweet home". Have been posting your updates from the carepage and we are all glad that you are now on the other side of the mountain.

Trial

Trial

No trial for me. Doing the warfarin thing. INR not up to snuff yet so I am on Lovenex shots.. my wife is an RN so they felt comfortable with her administering until we can get dialed in.

glad to hear your on the mend. get your rest and you will be back to fightin shape in no time !

Glad you are home and feeling better. My husband had his ATS valve put in by Dr. Puskas at Emory. I am not a nurse but they taught me how to give the Lovenox shots after I asked if we could come home after 8 days if I felt comfortable giving him the shots. It came up fast after he got home and I only had to give them to him for three days.

Glad your home and doing well!! There's nothing like being home.. Just take care of yourself try not to do to much even if you feel good, and get alot of rest when you can. EAT,DRINK,& REST.....:D

Welcome

Welcome

Glad you made it through and are on the mend. I had my AVR on the 23rd and you get better each day. Take care.

What happens on days 3 and 4? Do I want to know?

I kinda felt like I had the flu real bad. hard to get comfortable. It is not fun but it does pass. You are still feeling the effects of anesthesia on the 2nd day so you just don't notice I guess.

How wonderful to hear your good news. Welcome home and enjoy your new lease on life! It is wonderful...............

Welcome Home!

Glad to hear you are doing well. Take it easy and enjoy your recovery.

I can tell you like being home...its like you have passed the test and are now all clear to get on with life!....Hooray!!!

Latest posts

Back