If it's not one thing...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnusgal

It's another. :(

For those of you who don't know, I am attempting to induce lactation for my twins through surrogacy (due in the summer). I had to come off my birth control pill, as it would inhibit lactation. However, we know we don't want me to get pregnant. So I decided to get an IUD about 3 weeks ago. Well, I ended up bleeding for two weeks :eek: and around day 10 I started having a lot more PVCs. I figured I must be anemic from so much blood loss. But when I got my blood drawn, everything was normal. The only other possible cause we could come up with was the herbs I was taking to help with the lactation. So I stopped all herbs (but continue to pump).

However, since I was having issues, my OB/GYN wanted me to come in for a sonogram to check the placement of the IUD. I already had an appointment set up for 3/5/09, but she wanted to see me earlier. I had that sonogram yesterday. And what's the verdict? My uterus is trying to EXPEL the IUD! :eek: It is not where it's supposed to be, so it has to be removed. Now what?! The OB/GYN said she can put another one in, but there's no guarantee it won't happen again. She is going to try to get the IUD company to pay for another one (I don't think I can afford a second one!), but I haven't heard back on that yet.

I'm just so frustrated! Why can't my body act semi-normal for once?!

On a positive note, though, our twins are doing great and my pumping seems to be working!

New update. I talked to the nurse at my OB/GYN office. The manufacturer or my IUD is willing to foot the bill for a replacement. Guess that makes my decision... SO not looking forward to having it implanted (very painful the first time)! :( I'm scheduled to go in Friday at 4:45.

New update. I talked to the nurse at my OB/GYN office. The manufacturer or my IUD is willing to foot the bill for a replacement. Guess that makes my decision... SO not looking forward to having it implanted (very painful the first time)! :( I'm scheduled to go in Friday at 4:45.

Yikes, wishing you as little pain or NO pain as possible!!

Be thinking of you! Take care! :)

Glad to know the twins are well and are due soon:)

I take some herbs sometime for various things but try to look up anything I take.
What herbs were you taking? I could check in my herbal-PDR,if you havent already.

I guess if the IUD doesn't work there is always the unattractive option
of a raincoat:D

Be well-Dina

Niki. I hope things go perfectly with the second IUD.

Mostly I just wanted to chime in and say how wonderful I think you are!!!!!! What a fantastic gift you will be giving your twins by nursing them. Wow!!

Hang in there! Best wishes!!

Marguerite

Would a tubal be something that you would/could consider?

In any event I wish you great success. I had a neighbor who adopted a baby and was able to nurse him... how awesome the body can be!

I would consider it (or a partial hysterectomy, actually), but I think it would be hard to convince my OB to operate on me. ;)

I have been amazed at what I've accomplished in just the 3 weeks I've been pumping. Today I may even top the 3 oz mark! (for the whole day, not a single pumping, yet)

Niki, you are so strong and thoughtful. You should be so proud yourself.
If no one has given you a pat on the back and a hug......let me be the first........
(slap/pat) (((((((hugs))))))

P.S.
Best wishes come Friday

Glad to know the twins are well and are due soon:)

I take some herbs sometime for various things but try to look up anything I take.
What herbs were you taking? I could check in my herbal-PDR,if you havent already.

I guess if the IUD doesn't work there is always the unattractive option
of a raincoat:D

Be well-Dina

I was taking blessed thistle, fenugreek, and goat's rue. The OB made copies from her PDR, but there was nothing specific about heart/rhythm issues. So who knows!

As for the raincoat, we're willing to do that, but it has a much lower effectiveness rate than the IUD. :( Plus, it's not as much fun. ;)

Niki, you are so strong and thoughtful. You should be so proud yourself.
If no one has given you a pat on the back and a hug......let me be the first........
(slap/pat) (((((((hugs))))))

P.S.
Best wishes come Friday

Thanks. Not sure what I did... but thanks. ;)

:) it all depends on what side of the jacket you are.

Spermicides and barrier methods (diaphragm and condoms for instance), when combined with tracking your ovulation, can be very effective in preventing pregnancy.

hi Niki, ugh, :( I hate hearing that about your IUD!! I was actually planning on getting one next month, now I'm scared to death! lol.. I'm really glad your pumping is going well, although I hope it doesn't decrease now that you're getting off of the herbs.. I didn't have a lot of luck during the 4-6 weeks I pumped and as you know I wasn't on herbs and I sometimes blamed it on the fact I wasn't on herbs.. so I'll be praying that things continue to go well with the pumping and that your 2nd IUD works well for you.. and I'm so glad the twins are doing great! ;)

:) it all depends on what side of the jacket you are.

Spermicides and barrier methods (diaphragm and condoms for instance), when combined with tracking your ovulation, can be very effective in preventing pregnancy.

Effective, sure. Spontaneous, no. We're not real good about "scheduling" sex. It happens when it happens.

hi Niki, ugh, :( I hate hearing that about your IUD!! I was actually planning on getting one next month, now I'm scared to death! lol.. I'm really glad your pumping is going well, although I hope it doesn't decrease now that you're getting off of the herbs.. I didn't have a lot of luck during the 4-6 weeks I pumped and as you know I wasn't on herbs and I sometimes blamed it on the fact I wasn't on herbs.. so I'll be praying that things continue to go well with the pumping and that your 2nd IUD works well for you.. and I'm so glad the twins are doing great! ;)

Oh, don't go judging IUDs by my experience. I always make things more complicated than they need to be. :p But if you are going to get one, I suggest the Minerva (I think that's what it's called). The one with hormones. 'Cause this copper one I have causes heavier bleeding. :p The other one leads to NO bleeding. :D

My milk has not decreased since stopping the herbs. BUT it hasn't increased either. :( I seem to have hit a plateau. I'm not sure if I should blame the lack of herbs, or if it would have happened anyway. I'm not sure what to expect now. I've decided to try to pump more frequently and see if that helps. We shall see.

Niki:
Hope the IUD situation gets resolved.

Here's my niece's blog about her twin girls. You may find it interesting since you'll soon be joining that multiples club. The girls aren't identical and I can tell a difference, but I'm not sure who is who, since she doesn't ID the photos in all cases.

www.twoforoneanddone.blogspot.com

Thanks! I just went and read the whole thing. They are adorable!!! I can't wait to have similar posts on my blog. :D

I was taking blessed thistle, fenugreek, and goat's rue. The OB made copies from her PDR, but there was nothing specific about heart/rhythm issues. So who knows!

As for the raincoat, we're willing to do that, but it has a much lower effectiveness rate than the IUD. :( Plus, it's not as much fun. ;)

I took a look anyway and didn't see anything that should cause any cardiac
symptoms.With Goat's Rue it said to watch your sugar as it may lower it.
I was looking at other herbs for this effect and Blue Cohosh was listed but
said NOT to take for anyone with cardiac problems- just so you know.

Oh and re the fun...one of the reasons we got married in the first place:D
I agree,hope the IUD works for you this time.

Latest posts

Back