I shot an Elk----------with my Nikon.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were walking/grazing along the top of a ridge, which really helped the photo. The wind was blowing towards me, which made the whole thing possible. I was down in the bottom, hoping to get some shots. Altogether I think there were seven to ten elk in this group. I had my telephoto lens which I have often whined about in the past. The lens doesn't have the "vibration reduction" feature of the more expensive and newer lenses. There was no opportunity to set up a tripod. Without the tripod, taking shots through a telephoto lens requires an extremely steady hand. I had some other good opportunities, but those shots showed a slight blur, which ruined the them. I am still lens shopping for a good lens at a good price. I am not going to spring for another telephoto lens until I can get one with the vibration reduction feature.

DENNIS!!!

Those are AWESOME pictures. Glad you shared them with us. :)

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_10.15.11_Volo.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot where I was" __ Patty Loveless __ 'I Try To Think About Elvis'

Latest posts

Back