I scored!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonzo Dog said:
:D I'm told by friends who led a much more wild lifestyle than myself in their youth; one that you understand I could not possibly endorse as a responsible parent, conformist and steadfast pillar of society; these little beauties, due to the sheer wonderful surreal escapism involved in their biochemical make up, may fleetingly turn you into a frog. ;)

Freshly-Picked-Shrooms.jpg

I really wouldn't like to contemplate their effect on INR though :confused:
Ok, I'm stupid. What kind of shrooms are these? Are they really edible?

Ross said:
Ok, I'm stupid. What kind of shrooms are these? Are they really edible?

They are psilocybin. Edible yes, but only if you seek an altered state.
It will be 20 years since I dabbled with them. (or any recreational drugs at all) Good fun memories. Either eat half a dozen for mild euphoria or fifty plus for the Aldous Huxley experience. Less gritty and a much more pleasant organic buzz than the chemical alternatives give.

Take a trip for more information here :D

Bonzo Dog said:
They are psilocybin. Edible yes, but only if you seek an altered state.
It will be 20 years since I dabbled with them. (or any recreational drugs at all) Good fun memories. Either eat half a dozen for mild euphoria or fifty plus for the Aldous Huxley experience. Less gritty and a much more pleasant organic buzz than the chemical alternatives give.

Take a trip for more information here :D
I had to ask huh?

My daughter is finishing off her school year of teaching in France and heading state side next Thursday. One of her new culinary loves she brings back with her is frog legs. :eek: And wild boar.

Our local butcher sells 'wild boar'. He tells me it is not feral. Wild boar is farmed. A misnomer if ever there was one! To ease farming practise, a hybrid wild boar domesticated pig variety is used. Another example of the producers trying to hoodwink the consumer?

It all depends on where you buy your meat.
Commercial pigs are raised in "factory" barns holding around 2,000 animals, depending on age. They are heavily dosed with antibiotics, crowded, and never see the light of day. We have such buildings in our area. We also have a couple of local game farms who raise domesticated boar, emu, deer,etc. in a much more natural, healthy environment. There is a huge difference if you know what you are buying.
Too many people don't ask questions and just grab packaged meats off of store shelves.

Disturb LIST

Disturb LIST

Folks eat the darndest foods,
Cambodia fried spider like tater chips,Geoduck in asia worth over 30
dollars a pound they say,anyone tried sugar ants in Austraila?
COURSE Ross eats frog legs......These all remain on my disturb list,
as frog legs give me nothing to croak about .....even though ive not tried them I wont say anymore....cept hope you enjoyed your frog legs!

zipper2:p YUKKY

Ya got me.....

Ya got me.....

ROSS.........looks like Im one of those people who have to press the button that says ''dont press'' ..everyone else is busy discussing FROGS LEGS but, I had to go and click on your ''Dont click here'' message didnt I. Im glad I did..it made me giggle ....:cool:

Well, in Bio 101 lab we were supposed to 'pith' a live frog ( I mean the really
long legged dark green pretty ones) and half of the class refused .
I stuck mine in my backpack to help him(?) escape :cool: . When I got home I
didnt know what to do with him so I gave him to a friend's niece as a pet,
not as a gourmet dish!

EireCara said:
ROSS.........looks like Im one of those people who have to press the button that says ''dont press'' ..everyone else is busy discussing FROGS LEGS but, I had to go and click on your ''Dont click here'' message didnt I. Im glad I did..it made me giggle ....:cool:
You know , I must not be normal... I DIDNT press it .
Maybe its because if its a computer 'puzzle' I will be hopelessly mired:confused:
Or if its X-rated , I'll be embarrassed

EireCara said:
I'm sitting here wondering how many others are ready to kill me now. :D

I want some of these mushrooms. My dad used to hunt these every spring until he couldn't get out anymore. Man do I miss them,

Morrells.jpg

Ross said:
I want some of these mushrooms. My dad used to hunt these every spring until he couldn't get out anymore. Man do I miss them,

Morrells.jpg

Duh! These are the ones I was talking about! ;)

Sautee frog legs in garlic butter

Sautee frog legs in garlic butter

Just about anything is good in garlic butter.

About the only thing I've tried to eat that I could not get down was "Cooter Pie" made with snapping turtle. Gamiest thing I ever tried to eat.

jds said:
Just about anything is good in garlic butter.

About the only thing I've tried to eat that I could not get down was "Cooter Pie" made with snapping turtle. Gamiest thing I ever tried to eat.
Actually the Cooter is an American freshwater turtle very similar to the red-eared slider.
They make great pets.

Latest posts

Back