I broke my foot....neck surgery off?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, Betty (((hugs)))

Oh, Betty (((hugs)))

Ross said:
What am I to do with you? Turn my back on ya for a second and you try to disassemble yourself. :(

I second that!!! I'm so sorry that you are having to endure this. I will be praying that all is a go for Sept. 5th and that your foot heals quickly.

Much love. J.

Ann,

Well Darn !

If you have questions about your foot, don't forget that we have our own "Foot Surgeon" on VR.com, namely JeffP.

'AL Capshaw'

Betty -

Betty -

So sorry to hear about your misfortune!! You have such a great faith and I'm sure you realize deep down that things will work out as they should for you - God is in the details. I hope that your foot heals quickly and your neck surgery goes off as planned. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Christina L

Hey Betty! Am so sorry about your foot-would you believe my mom this am broke her foot taking out her trash?(She is the one with the oiker mitral valve.) She turned her foot and down she went. Is having a HARD time with crutches too..Sees ortho man next week before her cardio appt-nice. Glad you got to ditch your crutches too-how are you doing? Deb

Debster said:
Hey Betty! Am so sorry about your foot-would you believe my mom this am broke her foot taking out her trash?(She is the one with the oiker mitral valve.) She turned her foot and down she went. Is having a HARD time with crutches too..Sees ortho man next week before her cardio appt-nice. Glad you got to ditch your crutches too-how are you doing? Deb

Thanks all. Deb, I'm back on the crutches today but it hasn't been too bad since I can bear some weight on my foot now. I must have overdone it yesterday and today it is just too sore to walk without some help. I have a cane left over from tarsal tunnel surgery (like carpal tunnel but in the ankle) about 20 years ago and am planning to try that maybe tomorrow or the next day. I feel bad for your mom though. I'm actually doing fine. I've had so many volunteers offering help but haven't had to call anyone yet.

Ann, I didn't know you had taken a a fall. Are you OK? This time I didn't fall but just twisted my foot on uneven pavement. I am still surprised that it broke the bone. The leverage/force must have been just right.

Betty

Betty

Only 2 weeks before your neck surgery..STAY off your foot.:p How do you sleep at night?I'm sure you don't wear the boot?Let those people willing to help out..come in...Get yourself some good books and videos.:) JUST stay off that foot.:D .....I worry..Bonnie

bvdr said:
Thanks all. Deb, I'm back on the crutches today but it hasn't been too bad since I can bear some weight on my foot now. I must have overdone it yesterday and today it is just too sore to walk without some help. I have a cane left over from tarsal tunnel surgery (like carpal tunnel but in the ankle) about 20 years ago and am planning to try that maybe tomorrow or the next day. I feel bad for your mom though. I'm actually doing fine. I've had so many volunteers offering help but haven't had to call anyone yet.

Ann, I didn't know you had taken a a fall. Are you OK? This time I didn't fall but just twisted my foot on uneven pavement. I am still surprised that it broke the bone. The leverage/force must have been just right.

Just take it easy on that foot. You don't need something else.

I scooted backwards out of bed at 3:00 a.m. while avoiding some dream snakes, hitting my head on the night stand, causing whiplash. Then got stuck down on the floor between the bed and wall! I am ok, I guess. Still sore, tho. Atenolol makes for bizarre dreams/nightmares so now I take it in the morning!:p

hensylee said:
Just take it easy on that foot. You don't need something else.

I scooted backwards out of bed at 3:00 a.m. while avoiding some dream snakes, hitting my head on the night stand, causing whiplash. Then got stuck down on the floor between the bed and wall! I am ok, I guess. Still sore, tho. Atenolol makes for bizarre dreams/nightmares so now I take it in the morning!:p

I'm so glad you are alright. If you're going to have weird dreams try to just have the good ones. I like the one when I have a secret ability to fly....try it. It makes you feel very young:) .

bvdr said:
I'm so glad you are alright. If you're going to have weird dreams try to just have the good ones. I like the one when I have a secret ability to fly....try it. It makes you feel very young:) .

Glad I wasn't trying to fly. Can you just imagine!

When I related my misfortune to a friend, she knew someone in college, who tried to get out of bed to help some children (in her dream) and fell right off the top of the 3 stack bunk beds in her dorm. Maybe she's the one who could fly.:p

Latest posts

Back