How much is Ross' teeth and surgery going to cost?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much is Ross' teeth and surgery going to cost?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross

Well I got the proposal and now I want to see how many of you think you can guess the amount that I have to come up with the day before surgery.

This is only the dental surgeon and dentures, this does not include hospitalization!

you gave us a range and I picked on the lowest side... but I personally am a "do it yourselfer". I wouldn't pay more than 1,000 bucks... unless this is way more complex than I'm aware of. Aren't they just pulling two teeth?

And you best believe I'd be suing for that money from social security later. Without an attorney if I couldn't find one pro-bono or on contingency.

you gave us a range and I picked on the lowest side... but I personally am a "do it yourselfer". I wouldn't pay more than 1,000 bucks... unless this is way more complex than I'm aware of. Aren't they just pulling two teeth?

And you best believe I'd be suing for that money from social security later. Without an attorney if I couldn't find one pro-bono or on contingency.

No my friend, all of them!

Sorry, prizes not available for this one. Only the satisfaction of knowing whether you were right or not.

No my friend, all of them!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh... I would like to retract my answer. I'm going to guess 5 or 6k.

My God man that sounds painful. Don't they have fake implantable teeth now that aren't like dentures so you don't have to take them out? I know that might be out of your price range but I'm just thinking out loud so to speak.

I voted for 7000 and Higher....BEEEEEE CAUSE.....LOL

I voted for 7000 and Higher....BEEEEEE CAUSE.....LOL

I have a friend that I grew up with and when he went to get his dentures, JUST THE DENTURES WERE OVER 4000.00!!!!:eek::eek::eek: Harrybaby:eek:

I wonder why the price of health care is skyrocketing :confused:

/sarcasm

That's just insanely expensive man.

It is insane Aaron, but in my area, just to pull 1 tooth is $400.00, so if one who had all 32 teeth pulled, it would cost him or her $12,800.00, and as Ross has stated, that is NOT including the Hospitalization, pain pills, or anything else....It's scary......

That's New England and NH For You......The people out here feel as though you have to pay through the nose for everything, and if you don't, your NOBODY......I dislike to post something like this, but it's very much the truth....:eek::eek:
Harrybaby

Last edited:
I'm quite sure it is over $7000.
I had a dentist who suggested an implant for me.
The price? $4000 for one lousy tooth, and that did not include the crown which fits over the implant!!
I found a dentist with a lot more brains, and certainly not as greedy.

Well I had one tooth pulled, 2 crowns, 2 fillings, and cleaning and the bill was over $2000, so I'm definitely going with the highest category. Ross, are you sure there's not dental school that could at least do part of it? If you can get to Houston, we have one here! You can stay with my mom (her house is cleaner and quieter than mine!).

I say bewteen the 4000 to 5ooo poll answer
ohhhhhh ouch if right or more:eek:

Well only Ross does know for sure!!!!:confused:

zipper2

OUCH...what a bill!....Its highway robbery. It really would be cheaper to fly to Australia and get free choppers in our Public Hospital Dental programme.

Ross,
I may have mentioned this before, but back in the early 70's when I was still living in Cleveland, I took my father to a dental school on the east side of town. He had them all pulled and dentures put in the same day.
I know it was pretty cheap because my father didn't have much money.
Have you looked into anything like that besides in Canton?
Is SS aware of your heart condtion which could easily be complicated by your teeth?
Rich

Ross will require hospitalization. He is an 'endangered' patient so extra care must be taken to assure his safety and survival with this dental procedure. That alone makes the whole thing way high, financially.

I have seen his statements and his dr's and it's all a very dangerous and expensive situation, according to the doctors, who are trying to help him. That alone says it will be extremely expensive and totally out of Ross' ability to pay for it.

Let us all just pray that a miracle from heaven will drop into his lap to help him through all of this.

I voted for $7,000 & higher.

After all, I paid $450 for Fred, one of our Abyssinian cats, to have just one tooth pulled + teeth cleaned last month. No hospitalization involved, but I did spring for pre-op bloodwork (since he's 12), pain meds & loads of antibiotics.

And this was with my 15% discount!

So, if Fred were a human, it would definitely be $7,000 & up.

Well, we were going to do Aaron's replacement as a courtesy to him. We could also help you out. It's approaching Halloween. I used to put candy corn in my mouth like they were teeth. I suggest we buy a years worth of candy corn, freeze it for hardness and then construct some sort of tray for uppers and lowers (maybe duck tape - or epoxy - or both) and voila - new teeth.

Then there's the removal - once again - a little Jack Daniels (anesthetic and antiseptic), boil us up a few pairs of pliers, a good boot with no-slip tread (so it doesn't move on your chest when yanking). I would suggest giving Cooker the honors of the removal - those chimps can use hands and feet really well. One foot (with boot) on the chest, the other foot and 2 hands all pulling teeth. He'll be done in no time. ;) XO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back