How long until I can be left alone?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the 3 weeks of other people in the house, HOVERING, it's been such a relief to have the place to myself during the day! It was nice to have my sister here for conversation, then my mother here for laundry and cleaning, and then my brother here for some "honey-do" stuff that really needed to be done. But mostly, I could have been by myself from day 1. It just would have required some prior planning and some extra work by my husband.

If I were to be alone the first week, I would:
1. Set up an area with a recliner, a tv remote, a little snack stash, phone charger, laptop/tablet area.
2. Have some pre-portioned meals, ready to re-heat, or eat straight out of the fridge, including drinks. (Even 4 weeks out, I find I have a little difficulty lifting a 1/2 g milk above chest height to put back in the fridge)
3. Have plenty of clean clothes & pjs that are NOT in the bottom dresser drawer and NOT on the top rack of the closet.
4. Moved the kitty litter boxes on to a table/stool to make them easier to reach

I'm sure there's more. My husband has a 75 minute commute each way, plus he's been covering my part time job for 90 minutes each morning before 7am. Having someone here was more for him (in my mind) than for me. Someone to do light chores, meal prep, domestic duties that I usually take care of. That being said, I think I have about 6 months worth of meals in my freezer from my "nesting" and my mother's concern.

Latest posts

Back