how long post-op without playing golf??

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ar bee

as if i didnt have any other worries, but still: any golfers here? how long after open heart surgery until the doc let you go out and hit balls again??

(yes i am addicted...)

tks for some hints
ar bee

I had surgery in August and haven't golfed yet. My chest is fine but I can't do a proper swing since my left shoulder is very painful.
I had problems with it before surgery but I was able to golf. I don't know if surgery has anything to do with it worsening or not. I did not notice any deterioration of it immediately post-up.

I have a few other medical problems to clear up and then I'm afraid I'll have to address the shoulder problem with an orthopedic doc. What can I say?....................I live in Pinehurst!:)

I had surgery via heartport access and I could have golfed with the surgeon's blessing by 6 weeks.

The surgeon I had my orginal consult with told me no full swings for 8 weeks (that was one of my first questions...lol). He said that heart surgery was good for your golf game because it forced you to practice nothing but your short game for awhile. But seriously, I would ask your surgeon before gripping it and ripping it.

Latest posts

Back