How long have you had your valve?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How long have you had your valve?

• Mechanical - 0-5 years

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Mechanical - Over 5 years-10 years

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Mechanical - Over 10 years-15 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mechanical - Over 15 years-20 years

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Mechanical - Over 20 years-25 years

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Mechanical - Over 25 years

• Tissue - 0-5 years

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Tissue - Over 5 years-10 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tissue - Over 10 years-15 years

• Total voters
Kathleen said:
Only let me vote once but I do have 21 year old mitral and aortic valves. Oh well no worry since I will be on vacation in 24 hours..
Kathleen
Sorry - I could have sworn I checked the "allow multiple answers" box.

Hey, Ross, can you fix it for me?????????????/

Kate said:
Randy,
From the information below your signature, it looks like you went through a hell of a time with your first surgey, so maybe it is best you went with a mechanical and won't have to go down that road again (hopefully). However, the newest versions of biological aortic valves are expected to last 15 years in most cases and maybe 20 or more for some. Even someone my age (38) has a better than 50% chance of hitting the decade and a half mark based on current research. I had to laugh when I saw this poll stopped biological valves at 15 years - we may not have any older ones now, but we likely will in the future! :) Kate
Kate,
I did not believe we have any members who have had a replacement tissue valve that has been in longer than 15 years. If I am wrong I truly apologize. There was no anti-tissue meaning in the poll.

For some brain dead reason, I clicked on the wrong answer to the poll.
Help !!!
How do I fix it. I am not smart enough to figure our this poll and how to edit my vote.

Sorry.

But the answer for me is Tissue (Ross Procedure) 5- 10 years.

Ben

Ben Smith said:
For some brain dead reason, I clicked on the wrong answer to the poll.
Help !!!
How do I fix it. I am not smart enough to figure our this poll and how to edit my vote.

Sorry.

But the answer for me is Tissue (Ross Procedure) 5- 10 years.

Ben
Removed one mechanical over 5 years and added one tissue over 5 years.

gadgetman said:
I know, I know!!!!!!:p :p :p Sorry, couldn't pass it up.:D I'm one of the lucky ones (SO FAR) and still have God's "original tissue" valves.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool: :cool:

Well, one does have a "ring around it".:eek: Just a little "nip and tuck" please.:eek: :eek: A "plastic surgeon" for the heart.:p :p :D :D

WOW!!!!!!!!

May God Bless,

Danny
Danny,
What would we be without your humor? I guess you are technically correct in that your tissue valve is more than 15 years old but I did mean "replacement" tissue valves (as I am sure you know).;) :D ;)
Thanks for participating, tho. Didn't mean to leave you out.;)

Latest posts

Back