How cold are You?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robert Mitchum aka Ram

Robert Mitchum aka Ram

Wondered how long it would take for me to keep putting down New Humpshire before you found me:D :D :D Ram knows I don't care for Vermont or New Hampshire. BAD roads..BTW..I opened up the real stuff..Was like sugar water..I'm just kidding..It's like Billy Bob Aldridge trying to grow blackberries..Blackberries are in the wilds of the south along the roadbanks..Have yall ever heard of blackberry winter. It's when the blackberries bloom (white) and we have 1 more cold snap. O.K. I'll send Georgia Peaches and anyone else can send me their state's crop.:D Bonnie

BTW Gisele

BTW Gisele

We ski barefoot in Georgia..:p :p :p Only sissies use skis and poles. Bonnie:D :D :D

Well then

Well then

We ski in our bathing suits or birthday suits--depends on how cold it is! :cool: :D

Ann

Snakey is some garden variety "garter snake" really harmless unless being startled creates some harm.

I guess he lives under the azalias or in the near by Pampas Grass.

I have a much closer shot of him if you want a closer look lol.

Didn't think you would!

We see a water mocasin once in a while in one of our water retention lagoons or ditches to the golf course, fewer and fewer as less and less habitat exists for any snakes. Most around here believe "the only good snake is a dead snake" unfortunately, oh well.

Bonnie, my note about blackberries is sort of an in joke. They grow wild all around us in this golf course subdivision We really do have a back yard full and some popping up in the front. I need to mow them down. But the joke is that when we first moved here my wife and I were out walking and stopped to pick and admire some of the wild berries growing in a vacant lot. The lady next door to the lot was tending her yard and we went on about the wonderful abundance of the berries. Now she looked at us like we were nuts. Not really, nuts but stupid Yankees. It turns out that jasmine and wild blackberries are the bane of all of our neighbors and us. Grow like kudzu and take over flowerbeds and yards. Just goes to show, ingnorance is bliss. But, I did cultivate a wonderful patch of blackberries when a teen in Michigan, now taking warfarin I would need kevlar clothing to avoid bleeding to death if I tended that patch.

Blackberries

Blackberries

And chiggers.:eek: :eek: :eek: However, I have been taking Kameron blackberry picking since he was age 5 along the road..and then we come home and make a cobbler..1 cup, flour, sugar, milk..pour blueberries on top. a little butter and 1 hr. on 325 Yummy

blackberries

blackberries

Not blueberries..John's 96 year old aunt raises Raspberries in Door County, Wis. Yummy

Umm Door County, WI not too far from where we lived in Michigan. Great SUMMER tourist area and wonderful for vacationing. But pretty cold and snowy in winter.

Ahhhhh, living in the South. Learned a lot in my four years down in TN. It's a much simpler way of life. I am fortunate to have gone through my surgery in a lower stress environment. We lived on the golf course. Never once did I see a snake in my garden or anywhere for that matter. Though, my neighbors frequently had visits. My husband had a few encounters on the golf course. Maybe that naughty dog we had was good for something afterall. ;-)

Bill, you called yourself a "Yankee". Where are you from originally?
Got, it Michigan.

Door County Trivia.

What's the name of the famous breakfast place where goats graze on the rooftop?

Last edited:
Lake Michigan

Lake Michigan

Is as green as the water in the Gulf of Mexico..Loved there Fish boils..Some type of white fish, corn, sausage, potatoes, and then you throw gasoline? to make it flame?..Everyone stands outside and watches. Then they serve it inside. See, this old Southern girl has been around:p :p Gran

I'm first, Gina

I'm first, Gina

But we had lunch..Gift shop..still have the Blue pullovers..that say Door County..Is it Anderson's like my last name? They keep the goats behind and bring them up the ladder everyday to graze. We have the same thing here where I live..Called the Yule Log House.Common in Sweden to have grass roofs. I give up. but could call John's Aunt:D Bonnie

No, Bill, I don't want to see anymore snake pictures. I am one of those who think the dead snake part. My brother chides me about this all the time in summer because he doesn't even want the bad ones dead.

I have the dang blackberries right outside my porch and they do take over. the roots travel......and travel.........and travel. There are lots at the front of the property where the railroad runs by and my great granddaughter has been picking them with my daughter since she was a babe and thinks it's more fun than anything. Y'all can have all mine. Those seeds - yuck.

Are we going for a record here? Anyway it is still below 0 today! To get up to 26* this afternoon. It has been the driest January ever and the 3rd coldest January in Michigan. May get up to 34 tomorrow. Heat wave!

Gisele--some people think ski poles are used to hold you up or to ward off those that come too close, but we know better, hey?

The reason I asked about Canada, is that my fathers family is from Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and British Columbia, ( Vancouver Island) Why some way out west--because at the end of WW2 he got off the troop ship and met a cute Irish girl. married her and settled out there.

Hensylee-- I remember a sign on the army base when I was stationed in Georgia, IF YOU ARE INJECTED WITH VENOM FROM A CORAL SNAKE---YOU HAVE 7 SECONDS TO LIVE. It also mentioned that the snake did not have fangs but gum-like fangs and would have to nibble a soft part of your skin, such as between the toes or an ear lobe, to poisen you. It is a small snake but the deadliest in the U.S.:D When camping out at Okefeoke swamp, check your footwear!!:D

Jean,

It hasn't been real dry, we've had some snow, but the temp.:(
I think may set a record. We have had something like 300 straight hrs. with the temp. below freezing. the longest spell since 1961. I think the record is about 360 hrs. BRRRRR:)

Snoooooooowww.......

Snoooooooowww.......

Just reporting the first snow of the year in Northern Ireland. We've had low temps for the last month but the snow arrived today and seems to be staying a while.

Suppose it's still sunshine and blue skies in Corpus Christi........next thing you know we'll have some Texan on here braggin' again......... :D

Ram, different province

Ram, different province

My mom's from the province of Quebec-the french speaking Candadians.

About that weather- I believe we areexpecting snow in the mountains. I hope the ski conditions aren't too bad on Saturday- don't want to spend the majority of the day in the lodge at base warming up with anti anti-coagulant drinks, lol! Do two negatives make a positive in that phrase?

Besides I have to practice as much as I can in case I ever make it down to George and meet up with Bonnie
:D

I, and maybe Bill, too are making no comments about our weather this week. But will say it's the driest January on record. Cold took moisture right out of the forests. Heard a woodpecker today, saw more robins, and some swallows. Not to mention the wrens trying to make nests in my porch. And the thorny blackberry bushes are spreading. Gotta get out the weed eater. If they get much bigger it will take an ax.

Heard from Texan and Southerner who are in NY state with Sharon - they will have a record total winter snowfall up there!

Last edited:
We're wearing shorts

We're wearing shorts

Y'all should come to Arizona in January next year. It's 83 here today. Might not want to come in June. If it's 83 now, it's likely to be 125 then.
Blanche

Latest posts

Back