How cold are You?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

Here in North Georgia we have 4 in. of snow left from Wed. P>M>..Temp is about 19 every a.m. What's your weather?:eek: :eek: :eek: Bonnie

Here in SE Wisconsin, it is 15 with a stiff wind, wind chill 8 below. We have no snow, getting kinda boring.
I really do not like walking the dog in this wind! It hurts!

carbo

In Ohio, we are seeing teens during the day and single digits over night. Right now, the wind is ferocious making it feel like it's 1F above. Some snow, not much. Just enough to cover the ground.

Bonnie,
You mean it gets warmer than 19 down there?
That has been our high for the day and now they tell us it is going to get colder this week!:eek:
And we have had 25-30mph winds al night and all day so it feels like 5 below.
What a deep freeze most of us are in.

In NJ

In NJ

23 degrees with a wind chill of 15, we still have an inch of snow on the ground and some of the back streets are still icy,
But the sun was shining today

Terry40

We had a few days of real winter last week. Even with temps in the 30's and a bit of wind, I did my 2 mile walks. A scarf around my neck and face helped a LOT, along with a hat. Long Johns and knit sleeping bottoms (sorta like light sweat pants) are quite comfortable.

After growing up in Michigan and living in Iowa where they get REAL winter weather (-30 every January), Alabama winters are a nice treat. I still smile and laugh when I go out midday and the sun is shining, warming the body and mind.

'AL'

down south,.Southern N.H., that is, it has been 0 to -6 for the last 4 days at 7o'clock in the morning. There must still be a foot of snow on the ground.
This has been winter for sure. oh yeah it gets to 20 at high noon.:D

Here in Durham North Carolina... we are having low 30's during the day... and at night 10. To cold for this time of year here. We did have about two inches of snow. They closed the schools, they were worried about the ice.

IT SO COLD IN LONG ISLAND THAT WHEN I WENT OUT FOR MY DAILY WALK YESTERDAY MORNING MY FEET FROZE TO THE GROUND AND I HAD TO WAIT UNTIL MIDDAY BEFORE I THAWED AND WAS ABLE TO WALK BACK HOME.

LOW TEENS DURING THE DAY, SINGLE DIGITS AT NIGHT. IT 'S ACTUALLY WARM ON LONG ISLAND COMPARED TO WERE NANCY LIVES. NANCY HOW DO YOU DO IT. 38 BELOW.
IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS I'LL BE IN SUNNY ORLANDO PLAYING WITH MICKEY WITH THE HIGHS REACHING 40 DEGREES. BOY I CAN'T WAIT. THE WEATHER IN FLORIDA IS CRAZY.

RICH

Take heart, ya'll. Saw a flock of robins this weekend, headed ya'll's way. Cousin in Houston says buds are appearing everywhere. Wrens looking for nests. Spring is somewhere not far away.

P.s. 57 in Miami this a.m.

How bout them BUCS! been 26 yrs since they have been in this good spot.

That 38 below was quite a bit north of me in Watertown NY. It's supposed to go to 6 below tomorrow where I am. We don't spend a lot of time outdoors, as you can well imagine.

Nose hairs freeze

Nose hairs freeze

Ugh:eek: what a subject..but one time long ago some girls rented a car and drove from Denver to Aspen..Being from Alabama I never imagined it could be that cold. Nose hairs froze when we stopped to pump gas..Never warmed up until I got back to Atlanta.:p :p :p Bonnie

Two weeks ago, we had about 9" of snow which is more than our yearly average. Yesterday (19th) it was 65 degrees and everyone was out washing their cars in T-shirts and cut-offs. Oklahoma weather...go figure...

Pretty cool around the North of Ireland too......well, we don't often go down as far as 19, but we regularly fall below 30 and seldom go above 50 at the extremes.

Difference with us is that the swing from day to night may be as little as 3 degrees or as much as 10 but seldom more than that. I hear certain folks over there complaining how cold it is at night but they forget that it rises to 'summer' temps during the day.

If it gets above 60, I'm sunbathing, but that's a few months or 2000 miles away. Now I wanna experience those temps in the 90's that everybody 'complains' about..........whiners!!! wish we had them here.

Billy, see my email to you. I think you may have cookie corruption and need to delete your forum cookie (s) and then log in again. ;)

Jokes to Billy

Jokes to Billy

Ross, Did you send Billy your Man-Woman Jokes?:D Bonnie

Who's whining?

Who's whining?

Well, you see Billy we have to go below freezing at night so we can go snow skiing in our cut offs during the 66 degree temps of the day! :)

HI ALL....JUST CHECKED OUT THE WEATHER.....28 WITH A WIND CHILL THAT MAKES IT FEEL LIKE 12 HERE. IT HAS BEEN ONE HECK OF A COLD DAY....EVEN THE DOGS DON'T WANT TO GO OUTSIDE, AND FRANKLY, I DON'T BLAME THEM. SUPPOSEDLY, THIS IS ONLY THE TIP OF THE "ICEBERG!!!" UGH!!

EVELYN

Latest posts

Back