Hockey Player Bob Probert passes away at age 45

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bina

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
As taken from Yahoo Canada Sports:

Sad news in the hockey world Monday as former Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks enforcer Bob Probert has passed away at an Ontario hospital. He was 45.

According to CKLW AM 800, Probert was on his boat in Lake St. Clair on Monday afternoon when he collapsed. A call was made around 3 p.m., according to Probert's agent Pat Ducharme. Fire and EMS crews met the boat and began performing CPR on Probert. By the time they reached Windsor Regional Hospital, Probert was absent of vital signs.

In a brief statement, a family spokesman said that Probert was on the boat with his family, including his four children and in-laws, when he began experiencing serious chest pains.

An autopsy is planned to determine the cause of death.

His off-ice battles with alcohol and substance abuse were well known, but Probert's pugilistic abilities will be what hockey fans remember most. In 16 seasons in the NHL, Probert earned 3,300 penalty minutes in just 935 games and took part in 233 fights, according to HockeyFights.com. He and Joey Kocur formed the intimidating pair known as the "Bruise Brothers" during their time in Detroit.

We are having a scorching heat wave this week, I couldn't even imagine being out in a boat on the lake....but then again, I don't do well in extreme temps. I'm curious as to what happened to this man in the prime of his life.

Latest posts

Back