Hockey Heart

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hockey Heart

Hi this is Stephanie, Scott's (Hockey Heart) wife. The surgery went well. He has his new cow valve and is currently in the ICU. He is breathing on his own, and hopefully will be moved to the step down cardiac unit tomorrow.

I know this board provided so much support to Scott prior to his surgery. Thank you all so much for your kind words and support. I'll keep you updated with further developments.

Thank you so much for taking the time to update us. Glad things are going so well. Make sure you take care of yourself too.
Tell Scott we're thinking o him

Good to hear. Thanks for the update. We will be waiting for him to give us the details when he is feeling up to it.

Yet another one over the mountain!

Thanks for the update, Stephanie. Will continue positive thoughts for a smooth and speedy recovery for Scott. Hope you are getting some rest.

Stephanie - Thanks so much for the update on Scott. I'm sure he will have the same great experience I did at Northwestern. The folks there are wonderful. Don't forget - If you want to stay there overnight with Scott, the rooms in the cardiac unit all have some form of pull-out or folding bed so that a family member can stay.

Please tell Scott that the appropriate cheer for any sporting event is now "MOO!" (We cow valvers have to stick together. . . )

Stephanie, Thanks for the update on Scott. Just tell him to take it slow and steady and he will be up and about in no time. Also tell him that from a fellow cow valver, walking past a newly mowed field might be a little difficult at first, that that passes with time :). Also it is OK to eat steak, he will not be considered a cannibal :) :)
Hugs for the both of you.

Glad to hear he is over the mountain....wishing him a speedy recovery and sending positive thoughts his way !!! Thank you for the update, Stephanie.

Renee

(Steve...I ended up with a cow valve too, even though I had chosen a pig. Something about the cow valve was a better fit for me....guess he will explain on the F.U. appt. May3 )

Hello All,

It's hockey heart here. Still in the hospital. I've meant to get on here sooner but it seems I am constantly being bombarded by nurses and other hospital staffers. Thank you all for the kind words. It is quite nice to be on the other side of the mountain and recovering. I think I will be discharged tomorrow morning. I am still waiting on an Eccho and having my last drainage bulb taken out. I have been recovering pretty quickly. I am walking 4 rounds of the cardiac floor 4 times a day and my lung capacity is getting better and better every day too. The only thing that slightly concerns me is my PVCs although they tell me they could just be a sign that some of my levels are unbalanced.

Great to hear you are doing so well. I'm sure once you get home you will feel MUCH BETTER!!!

Hey Camgough,

What kind of hockey have you been playing and what sort of padding do you wear to protect the surgeon? I plan on returning one day to my over-30 no-check league.

Latest posts

Back