Hematoma or Broken Foot, or both?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LUVMyBirman

Did something stupid. Dropped a 40lb picture frame on the top of my naked foot. Day 6 and was not feeling better. Much pain, walking with difficulty. Doc seems to think it's a hematoma. Wanted to rule out fracture. Way it looks and feels, could be broken. I feel a snaping when walking. Finally went for an xray and will have results in the AM.

Just a lesson to slow down. I did not stop my schedule to even ice it the first 2-3 days. BIG mistake.:eek:

Ooouch!!!! That had to hurt like heck. I hope it's not broken, but mostly that you heal up nicely and are feeling better soon.

Ouch x 10
Why, may I ask; did you wait so long?
Your foot must be swollen and bruised, no?
Oh DO please slow down and look after yourself.....okay?
Hope you foot is just badly bruised and not broken. Do let us know what the doctor said.

Thank you for your concern Freddie:) Have been placing others needs in front of mine. List is long, child, just moved, working. Kept putting me off. This was a wake up call. Slow it down! Life will wait.:)

It's a Hematoma. Just as painful as a break in my book. My foot looks like it's been broken. Xray says otherwise. Now on crutches. I can use my weight when the pain med is in full force only. Which is not recommended, but I am becomming stubborn in my older age, lol. As long as I keep it elevated ok. Second I put it down. Blood rushes to the site, and MAN is that painful. Hoping to get a shoe on it in the next few days...but not certain.:( Kind of a necessity as I hear snow may be on the way!

Ouch
I guess Carma got you good.
All you can do now is sit and keep the foot elevated - movie night for the next
3 or 4 days ;)
If it snows, it will wait for you until your foot is better.
Be good and just don't push it okay?

goodness. but if it is going to snow, you will have an excuse to stay home and off it. hope it repairs quickly. Be careful with those pix. Get hubby to do it. Isn't that what husbands/men are sposed to do?. wishing you a quick recovery.

Thanks you all. :) This is day 9. If I would have behaved and rested it the first 3. Bet I would not be in this pickle!

Ann, it's ironic that it happened in my own home, and not that of a client. If I was on the job, would have had shoes on. Bare feet and larger artwork don't mix! Lesson learned. Never thought a hematoma would be practically crippling:eek:

Gina,
I hope you get over this soon, sounds very painfull.
Time to put yourself first and take it easy.
Talking about snow around here also. Last week we had three straight days around 70, now here comes winter.YUCK!!!
Rich

Thank you Rich. Hope you are well.

No sign of the white stuff just yet. Like you said, it has turned on a dime. Gloom of winter is setting in. Thankfully we did get moved and our new place is much lighter and brighter! :) Foot it feeling a bit better today. Really have focused to stay off the last two days. Has helped a bunch.

No sign of the white stuff just yet.

THANK GOODNESS! I'd like to think I haven't had my older 4 MCs out for the last time this year. That'd be bad, since I need to fill 'em up with gas and add StaBil so they are ready for their "winter hibernation".

*sighs*

And I still need a "winter beater", too.

LUVMyBirman said:
Like you said, it has turned on a dime. Gloom of winter is setting in.

No kidding. It's been UGLY the last FOUR weekends in a freekin' row :(.

Gina ... that sounds painful just READING about it.... Thoughts/prayers coming your way, of course.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Brunch = 11/23/08
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"These hands are meant to hold" ... All-American Rejects ... 'Move Along'

WOW! Not been a good week for superbob or gina! Hope this finds you both much better and taking care of yourselves!! We all have our own "clumsy" stories! Next time Gina, stick with only ONE martini and call it a night. LOL One glass of wine is enought for me. Of course, I can do major "clumsy" damage on drinking just water!

Latest posts

Back