Help wanted!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Luna for the information. It really helps to know someone else has gone through the same surgery and the pain was not excruciating.
Also, Julie, I am already on anti-anxiety drugs now and have increased my dose today according to Dr instructions. I asked my Dr to make sure to authorize anti-anxiety drugs for pre-op day as I'm sure I'll need them.
All of my family came to visit tonight and 1 friend. I refused to let anyone say 'goodbye' and told them 'I'll see ya soon and I love you'.
It's less than 12 hours before I leave for the hospital. I'm not sure if I'll have access to the internet but hubby is brining a laptop in case and I have my Ipod touch if there's access.
All of the comments here have been so helpful and encouraging. I think this is the best place for someone facing AVR to come before surgery. It is a huge comfort.
Thanks everyone and I'll see ya on the other side!

Take it from someone who spent several hours, in the middle of the night, online at vr.org in the weeks leading up to my AVR. Most of us will admit to some major anxiety during those final days, but I agree that
the waiting is by far the worst part of the experience. You will be in very experienced hands after the surgery and well medicated during the first few days. The truth is that you do start feeling better as each day
passes and before you know it, you're looking back on the whole experience and wondering why you were so anxious. Here's to a bumpless trip to the other side of the mountain. You've got lots of company here
who will be waiting for you!

Thank you Luna for the information. It really helps to know someone else has gone through the same surgery and the pain was not excruciating. <snipped>
Thanks everyone and I'll see ya on the other side!

It's Luana. Omg, what on earth led you to think you'd have excruciating pain? You will be fine and your pain will be minimal. You'll have IV morphine when you wake up after surgery and while you're in ICU and you'll go home with pain pills. If you are having pain in the hospital, let the nurse know. When you're home, if the pain pills aren't doing it for you, let your doctor know, but I think this is highly unlikely. It's important for you to be as comfortable as possible to promote healing. There is no reason for anybody to be in excruciating pain. We're not in the middle ages! :biggrin2:

http://www.valvereplacement.org/forums/showthread.php?35181-Minimallly-Invasive-AVR
Picture of my scar at around 3 months.
Wishing you all the best, and relax, you'll be fine!

Hi Sevgi

I wanted to wish you Good Luck. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I will be following you on Aug 9. It is getting closer for me, too. I can understand your anxiety, but the folks here are great on answering questions and giving support. I will be thinking about you and waiting to hear how you are doing when you can post again. Pat

It's Luana. Omg, what on earth led you to think you'd have excruciating pain? You will be fine and your pain will be minimal. You'll have IV morphine when you wake up after surgery and while you're in ICU and you'll go home with pain pills. If you are having pain in the hospital, let the nurse know. When you're home, if the pain pills aren't doing it for you, let your doctor know, but I think this is highly unlikely. It's important for you to be as comfortable as possible to promote healing. There is no reason for anybody to be in excruciating pain. We're not in the middle ages! :biggrin2:

http://www.valvereplacement.org/forums/showthread.php?35181-Minimallly-Invasive-AVR
Picture of my scar at around 3 months.
Wishing you all the best, and relax, you'll be fine!

Best advice I can give is to stay ahead of the pain with the meds. Your mind will be pretty much gone, so have someone be there with you to keep the staff ON SCHEDULE with pain meds. If you should fall behind, it can be miserable and hard to control.

Latest posts

Back