help please!!!!!!!!!! nervous wreck !!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chinita:

What did your doctor's office say?
This could be something entirely unrelated to taking the Advil.
By any chance, did you take all 3 Advil at once? If not, how far apart were the intervals?

VERIDICT IS IN.........................

After a long day I was finally able to see my dr..... n guess what?!?!?!?

:( :( I was put in nexium for five days aparently I have a gastric ulcer:(

and yes from the three advils I took!

I'll bet the gastric ulcer was already there, lying in wait for a triggering mechanism to rear its ugly, painful head. Take those 3 Advils and BINGO!

Please read directions on OTC labels (as I'm sure you will now). Also, get a 7-day pillbox. Years ago, when I took birth control pills, those came in little dailed boxes so you'd know if you took it or not. Same principle with using a 7-day pillbox. If I forget my warfarin for one day, at least I don't risk getting pregnant, as with BC pills; I can make up that lost dose by taking 50% of that dose the next day and the remaining 50% the day afterward. :)))

Good luck with the gastric ulcer.

I had a duodenal ulcer the year before AVR. Up till then I thought I had a cast iron stomach for never had any stomach problems. Then one day notice my stools look like tar, still no pain. GI doc used emergency endoscopy to stop the severe bleeding. He later took a biopsy of my stomach lining and found no H. Pylori. The doc guessed my ulcer was caused from retiring a year earlier. Five years ago I was retested for H. Pylori and tested positive. I was given multiple dosage of Azithromycin and since take Pantoprazole daily.

I'll bet the gastric ulcer was already there, lying in wait for a triggering mechanism to rear its ugly, painful head. Take those 3 Advils and BINGO!

I bet u are right!!! ...................... someone here has dealt with an ulcer before? outcome?

and for the pillbox i will get it this weekend, but now I'm more mad at myself for taking the advil not so much for the double dose :(

Good luck with the gastric ulcer.

I had a duodenal ulcer the year before AVR. Up till then I thought I had a cast iron stomach for never had any stomach problems. Then one day notice my stools look like tar, still no pain. GI doc used emergency endoscopy to stop the severe bleeding. He later took a biopsy of my stomach lining and found no H. Pylori. The doc guessed my ulcer was caused from retiring a year earlier. Five years ago I was retested for H. Pylori and tested positive. I was given multiple dosage of Azithromycin and since take Pantoprazole daily.

WOW!
unlike you I'm under so much pain :( still after 2nd nexium dose I really hope this medication works!

First Relax.........deep breath.......Unless your blood was way to thin to start (high INR) there is probably not a big worry......Call your Coag Nurse or Medical Provider and let them know.......If you are really worried get an INR to see where you stand........but most of all Relax.................

Latest posts

Back