help me decide!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bina said:
For several years the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla were tested and voted for "best car buy of the year". You just can't go wrong with those two.

My wife has Corolla...a great car. We bought it after our son got into an accident with our Sunfire. It was our rental "replacement" car while we waited for the Sunfire to get fixed. We liked it so much, we went out and bought one. We had to get a another car anyway as my son needed it to drive to college.

Update!

Update!

hey guys,

thanks for the input. . .

I have gotten input from many places, and decided to buy the car.

I am gonna sign the paperwork on monday, and drive 'er home!

looking foreward to it! I didnt realize how bad my current car is untill I drove this one. The saturn floats, I swear! driving in rain with that thing is almost as bad as driving in the snow! I cant wait to have a little weight behind me, and a standard tranny!

thanks again!
Morgan

Hi Morgan
We have a newer Passat. I got it for the crash ratings and the gas mileage. We do find parts spendy but usually Jim can get them from the dealer and put what needs to be put in himself. You do have to get headlamps from the dealer which surprised me. It is such a heavy car but it handles so well with such tight steering. After we got ours my daughter bought a brand new one. My husband got a bit attached to it and traded his Jeep for a new Chrysler for me and took my Passat. He loves it.
Kathleen

Ross said:
I say get a Malibu. You'll be happy!

*raises eyebrow*

That'd be older than what she has now, Malibus (rear-wheel drive) were last made in 1983...period. The current front-wheel-drive "malibus", made since 1997, are actually Chevrolet Corsicas.

fyrfytr said:
Get a Dodge and you will be Very Happy!
I just had to get that in before Cort comes on.

*grins*

That's fine by me ... as long as it is a Dodge Charger!!! I've had my eye on the inferno red ones, either an '06 or '07. BUT, I don't want car payments, so it appears I may be getting a 1979 Caprice for winter duty. We'll see.

Morgan ... CONGRATS on the new-to-you car. Be sure to post pictures of it when you drive it home ;).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I saw an old Malibu" ... Doug Stone ... 'I Thought It Was You'

Car

Car

Morgan, Congrats on the new to you car! I had two VW Rabbits, that I got used from people I knew. Both were wonderful. My big problem was getting them serviced. I'd still be driving the "84 if the mechanic hadn't ruined it. They are exceptional in the snow! I'm now driving a Honda Civic, and it is my all time favorite car. I like it better than the BMW 2002, the Datsun 1600 Roadster, "58 Buick, and even more than the "84 Rabbit GTI! May your new car give you nothing but reliable service and pleasure! Brian

knightfan2691 said:
*raises eyebrow*

That'd be older than what she has now, Malibus (rear-wheel drive) were last made in 1983...period. The current front-wheel-drive "malibus", made since 1997, are actually Chevrolet Corsicas.

*grins*

I know Cort, but the new ones are nice rides nonetheless. My son that has the 06 Mustang is now wanting to get rid of it in favor of something cheaper. He doesn't like having nothing leftover after making his payments and insurance on this beast. He said he'd rather buy a house. Anyhow, he and I were looking at the new Malibus.

Ross said:
I know Cort, but the new ones are nice rides nonetheless.

Ohhh...I know!

I had a '97 Corsica (er, "malibu") as my first brand new car....

Then, I also rented one for my road trip in 2004, though they were called "Classics" at that point:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/0410/Oct 04 CO Cort and Classicr8_jpg.html

That pic was taken outside the Golden Hotel during the VR Reunion that year ;).

Ross said:
My son that has the 06 Mustang is now wanting to get rid of it in favor of something cheaper. He doesn't like having nothing leftover after making his payments and insurance on this beast. He said he'd rather buy a house. Anyhow, he and I were looking at the new Malibus.

Well, they certainly are good cars, no doubt.

I, however, will NEVER own one again.

Course ... never say never, I know ... but, I've already been there, done that ;).

Plus ... I really don't want a car payment anyway, so for my winter car, I may end up getting a 2-tone green 1979 Caprice ... we'll see.....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I want a 2-tone Chevrolet" ... BJ Thomas ... '2-Car Garage'

Latest posts

Back