Hello

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nizzmo

Hello, I am a 44 year old male near 10 months post op I had Aortic and Mitral valve replacement surgery on October 7th of 2010 . I was a lurker here getting as much info as I could before that day came and this site was a blessing. I would like to know if other members here have physically demanding jobs (I am a beverage delivery driver) and are having trouble with the heat ?

The heat is NOT a heart patient's best friend! I sympathize with those of you who have demanding occupations and have to deal with the heat to boot!

Try to stay cool and drink plenty of water!

Take care!

I have ALWAYS had a problem with heat intolerance. Being that I have a bad heart valve, my cardio said it's VERY IMPORTANT that you stay hydrated with any heart issue. She explained why.... in doctors terms... either way, make sure you drink plenty of water and try to rest often.

This is the reason I live on the west coast... I can't do heat... and heat with humidity I can pass out very easily.

Hi Nizzmo. Yes I'm guessing you've read now how heat (and even worse heat AND humidity) can be really tough, especially for heart patients. Since your problem is working in the heat with set hours, and not exercising, that you could change the time of the day so it isn't as bad or walk indoors in a malls etc, I was wonderring if you've tried anything to help keep you a little cooler, like Cool ties, that all you have to do it rewet when they dry after several hours. Here is a link about them, Im not reccomending this site to buy them, because you can get them alot of places now for pretty reasonable prices,(less than 10 dollars) but this explains how they work. http://www.cooltiesareus.com/text.html I know lots of people/orgs make them for the military and from reading different sites they seem to help alot in really hot places in the world, like Iraq.
I got one for my Dad last year for when he is putzing around the yard and he was surprised what a difference they made, so it might be worth trying.

There are instructions if anyone wants to make them, They look pretty easy if you have a sewing machine, this link is from the site that makes the little water absorbing polymer used
http://watersorb.com/polymer_cool_neck_bands.htm

Thank's for the reply's I drink plenty of water all day
My cardio told me I was good to go so my company sticks it to me without any regard to my heart , I personally think they are trying to cut me loose based on performance but I keep getting it done......... although I fear it's catching up with me more everyday.

Latest posts

Back