Heart Surgeon Visit

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky401

Hi Folks,

Hope you all had a great summer. I had my 9 month visit with the heart surgeon, Dr. Bavaria, at University of Pennsylvania Hospital yesterday. My echo was one of the best I have had since my heart surgery 2 years ago. I am thrilled.

However, my wires are hurting me and are very close to the skin - actually feel like they are going to go through my skin. So I am having 4 of the wires removed the day before Thanksgiving (so I will only miss one day of work). I was surprised because Dr. Bavaria is doing the procedure himself. It is an out patient procedure and I'm sure it shouldn't bother me much at all.

I was just wondering whether anyone else has had that done and how it went for them.

Thanks.

Barb

I believe several people have had this done. You might try a search on "removing wires" or some such. Otherwise I'm sure someone will be along who has had this done.

Glad everything else went good. Hopefully the wires out with make you feel much better. I was surprised to read you had a 9 month post of surgeon visit. I don't know many people who go to the surgeon after the intial post op release around the 2 month mark.

Glad everything else went good. Hopefully the wires out with make you feel much better. I was surprised to read you had a 9 month post of surgeon visit. I don't know many people who go to the surgeon after the intial post op release around the 2 month mark.

Same here. Surprised to hear your 9 month post with your surgeon. I believe "Smiley2000" and couple other members had this done.

It's been 2 years since my surgery. I was going every 6 months to the surgeon because I developed heart failure issues and had a very rough recovery. After my last visit I started showing improvement and he made it 9 months before I had to see him again. Since I am so much better I won't be seeing the surgeon for one year (next August) except for the wire removal. I am thrilled to have graduated to once a year; it means I am much better (also I feel very well)!!!!!

Gabe had a small bit of wire poking out the top of his incision. His cardiologist actually just did it right in the office. Pulled on it a bit, snipped, and the rest went back in. No trouble at all.

I had a couple of bothersome wire removed. It's a very easy procedure. In my case I had some granulated tissue removed and the resulting wound is slowly healing. Seems I'll have something of a divot in my chest where the wire/tissue was removed. I'm thrilled (not)

My heart surgeon removed all of my wires about a year after my heart surgery. I was in a lot of pain with them, so even though I was sore for a couple of weeks after, I felt so much better immediately from the resolution of the chonic pain they caused. I had all of mine removed, I did not want to find that others were bothering me later on and have to have the procedure again. I needed the prescription pain killers for a couple of days after, but that is bacause they had a difficult time getting some of them out. Good luck I hope it gives you the relief it provided me. I was in the hospital for a total of 5 hours and under anaesthesia for about an hour.

Latest posts

Back