heart rate after avr

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before my surgery I was at my best when my BP was 120/70, but it was a way lower the last fyear before my surgery on September 2nd. Now, it is low due to the BP medication I am taking (Lisinopril 2.5 grams, twice a day), and Coreg-betal channel blocker (12.7mg twice a day). Doctotrs want to keep my BP low after the surgery until my heart gets used to the mechanical valves. I just saw my cardiologist this morning and he suggested to skip the morning dose of Lisinopril if I continue to feel light-headed, as I do. Good luck.

My HR was around 110 for about a month or so post-op ... It runs at a smooth 70 bpm now ... BP has never been a problem but the cardio will not let me get off of Toprol.

Just wondering what your pulse and blood pressure usually runs. Also what meds are you on?
My pulse at the hospital was 106 and they started me on Coreg (Beta blocker) 25 mg twice a day. Now my heart rate is 80 and I started taking half the amount of Coreg; i.e. I take 12.5mg twice a day. My BP in the hospital was under 100 and they wanted to keep it low. I was taking Lisinopril (2.5 mg) twice a day until yesterday, as my cardiologist recommended to take half a Lisinopril in the am since I am lightheaded during the day and there is no need to keep my BP under 100 now. So, this morning, my BP was 100/60. :)

Latest posts

Back