Headaches anyone?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartman77

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
HI my heart friends!!!!.....did anyone else experience headaches post-surgery in the hospital and then continuing at home? I have had a headache of varying degree since I woke up after surgery. And it may seem weird but my vision does not seem as good to me, which i notice most when reading, even though I use reading glasses. Its still paradise to be here :) . Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. Love Michael

Michael, I experienced severe headaches, starting in the hospital a couple of days before I left and continuing at home for an extended period of time. Some of them were the most severe headaches I have ever had, some were just "normal" everyday headaches. It was probably 2 months before they subsided completely. I also noticed my vision got much worse after surgery. In fact, I have never needed glasses in my life and now have them. Hang in there, it will get better.

Kim

Although I am not any kind of medical professional, I would offer that your body consumed a large amount of differrent drugs and it will take some time to get them all out of your body, hence the walking and breathing! Give it a few weeks and see if it improves......

Thanks folks....i was sure others experienced something similar and could shed some light on the subject..........you are all the BEST!!! Hearts full of love......Michael

HI my heart friends!!!!.....did anyone else experience headaches post-surgery in the hospital and then continuing at home? I have had a headache of varying degree since I woke up after surgery. And it may seem weird but my vision does not seem as good to me, which i notice most when reading, even though I use reading glasses. Its still paradise to be here :) . Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. Love Michael

Hi Michael,

In my case, had a severe headache just the one day back at home, when skies were very overcast/rainy and had a full day of cabin fever....but then again headaches are rather rare for me.

In your case, were you prone to headaches pre op? If not it may be a bi-product of a medication, can you list what you are currently on?

Are you sure you are properly hydrated...plenty of water and recommend exclusively water for 1st few weeks, coffee, juices, pop not very good in 1st days.

On IV and during stay at hospital, many bloat from IV and fluid retention, i know i did and i did get the headache about the time that i divested myself of the extra fluids...the other reason for plenty of water is to flush out the system.

yeah, vision and focus was not great for me initially, reading and concentration either, likely an effect of the anesthesia, which takes a few weeks to fully recover from, are you sleeping your nights?

Michael,
The headaches and blurry vision might be from high blood sugar. Did you get insulin when you were in the hospitall? Usually everyone gets insulin in the hospital after heart surgery because it's so stressful, it raises your blood sugar.

You are right...i did get insulin for a few days in the hospital.....im home now 3 days now...not sure if you can draw any conclusions from that time span......Michael

I had terrible migraines for a year following my surgery. Now I am back to 1 a month, which is what they were prior to my surgery. This is a really difficult thing for our bodies to go through, and everyone reacts differently.

Migraines and headaches.
In the begining some of the headaches were from the flowers had to put them outside . Then a couple of killer migraines (very rare pre surgery) headaches are getting better , Surgeons office suggested talking to cardio maybe med change or take meds to help. I said let's see they are getting better and will keep track .
Watch the salt and drink lots of fluids.

Be well

Call your doctor! If your vision is affected and your INR is sky high, you better get checked out.

Latest posts

Back