Headaches after surgery?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jax

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Just wondering if anyone has gotten more headaches since they had their surgery? It seems like over the last month or two it seems like I have had many headaches. And lately it seems like I have had to deal with headaches almost on a daily basis. Some of them aren't bad enough to take tylenol but some of them I have to and then that doesn't always take them away. I try to just deal with them as best I can without taking tylenol but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had to deal with this.

Jackie, I'm 6 weeks post op and I have also had some headaches which is not normal for me. My Pirmary says she thinks the Metoprolol is causing them so she is going to talk with my surgeon about changing to a different drug. To the best of my knowledge, the surgery itself should not cause headaches.

I am 5 months out though. I would think that would have passed by now. Maybe I have just been over-stressed. I don't know. Have a massage therapy session on monday hoping that will help. Its becoming a big problem having a headache every day.

I think your right, JAX. It does seem that 5 months out would be a little long to expect continued effects from the procedure to be lingering. There are a myriad of potential culprits that could contribute to headaches including musculoskeletal headaches induced by stress (I'm assuming that is why you are having message therapy) to temporal mandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) to temporal arteritis, ect. The list goes on. Bottom line is that while stress is far away the most cause, I think I would check it out with the doc given that it has been 5 months. Hope a couple of bud lights on a beach is the cure.

That's why I decided to go with massage therapy. I have a bad back anyway and with all the stress of the last year I think it is catching up with me. I don't drink so a couple beers wouldn't do the trick but sitting on a beach somewhere certainly sounds good.

Latest posts

Back