Headache & Low Fever

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a note to let everyone know that one of the hallmarks of the current H1N1 is low or no fever.

My daughter just got over it. I almost didn't take her to the doctor because her symptoms were so strange -- achy, chills, upset stomach, sore throat, but no fever. The doctor wanted to check her for strep, which was negative, but it turns out that she had H1N1.

Other people I know who had H1N1 had high fevers and felt much worse than my daughter.

Just a note to let everyone know that one of the hallmarks of the current H1N1 is low or no fever.

My daughter just got over it. I almost didn't take her to the doctor because her symptoms were so strange -- achy, chills, upset stomach, sore throat, but no fever. The doctor wanted to check her for strep, which was negative, but it turns out that she had H1N1.

Other people I know who had H1N1 had high fevers and felt much worse than my daughter.
There does seem to be a wide variation in the symptoms that people
are having - makes it difficult to diagnose at home.

If he also has facial pressure or even pain when you push on his face just above his eyebrows and on his cheeks he probably has a sinus infection. this is all too common this time of year. Ihad one myself just a couple of weeks ago.

Lettitia

Hey Freddie,
We have been dealing with H1N1 this past week... At least we think we have?? they do not test for it unless they admit you now but our symptoms were wiped out feeling, sore throat and headache in the first 24 hours... the the second 24 hours our daughters temp was 104. I took her to urgent care just because I knew that if it was H1N1 then Tamiflu would only be perscribed if it was caught in the first 48 hours. Apparently after that it doean't help you. byt he second day he was also congested. They perscribed tamiflu and a regular antibiotic because she also had 2 ear infections and slight bronchitis.

This was Saturday night and her last recorded fever was Sunday afternoon... the rest of this week she has delt with tiredness and coughing and now she is still coughing but the worst part is she is sick and tired of being home... she will go back to school tomorrow.

now we have another daughter coming down with something. she has been coughing all week and early last week was tired ( I just thought she was having allergies after a day of yard work) then she perked up but still coughed alot... the past 2 days she is coughing to the point of throwing up but no fever and otherwise felt fine... until last night... suden onset of chiils and fever of 102 and today the same with hurty skin.. like I can't rub her back because it causes her discomfort. I have decided to wait and see with her ( as far as a dr. visit goes) because it is too late for tamiflu anyway so unless she takes a turn for the worse I will just treat her at home.

Any other year that is what we would do.... people get the flu all of the time.. but the real concern of H1N1 makes everything more of a worry.. especially since otherwise healthy people are being more and more effected in the younger age bracket and such....

I will be glad when this flu season passes!

Good luck with your son, just keep an eye on him

Back