Headache & Low Fever

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I've put this in "Small Talk" because it's not heart related.

Maybe you well informed people can guide me on this one:

My son (22yrs) who very rarely gets sick, went to bed last night at 10:30, claiming he was "wiped". Woke up rather early (by his books) with a headache and has a low grade fever of 99.8F. He's taken a Advil and has one piece of toast.

I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure, but could this be a start of something worse than just being 'run-down'? He does work with the general public, so you can see were I'm coming from.
I'm not sure why, but I get so lost when he gets sick.

And NO, I haven't had any flu shots yet.

Any support/suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

The young people I know started with the pig flu with a headache and fever,,then it moved to a throat and muscle thing.You may want to have the test done now so if it is he can get started on tamiflu. Fever will usually go up in the afternoon.

I think its a blood test.They can tell right away if its the flu. My son and granddaughter had it last week. If caught early on tamiflu works wonders.

A friend of mine had headache and run-down feeling and it was the start of H1N1 flu.

Take care,
\John

My son (22yrs) who very rarely gets sick, went to bed last night at 10:30, claiming he was "wiped". Woke up rather early (by his books) with a headache and has a low grade fever of 99.8F. .
Alot of doctors don't consider 99.8 a fever, I have always thought this
to be wrong - an abnormal temp is a sign that our system is fighting or
reacting to something. I agree with everyone else, best to find out
whats going on earlier..just in case.

Thank-you everyone.
My son lived on Advil today and still went to work. I see no other obvious signs of a cold or flu. Thank goodness.
Appetite is good to normal - he finish a large pizza tonight and says he's feeling 150% better than he did this morning.

But time will tell.

Thank-you everyone.
My son lived on Advil today and still went to work. I see no other obvious signs of a cold or flu. Thank goodness.
Appetite is good to normal - he finish a large pizza tonight and says he's feeling 150% better than he did this morning.

But time will tell.
Sounds good so far, but advil can mask symptoms. Have him go without
the advil for 4-6 hours and then check his temp to be sure. Though I
must say that it I am probably being overly cautious as usual- the appetite
is a good sign.

Well I still have my fingers crossed. He slept well last night and woke up with no fever - although he feels the need to clear his throat, which doesn't hurt.

He's fighting something, but at least for now it doesn't seem to be too serious.

Thank-you everyone for your knowledge and support.

Latest posts

Back