Having some "bumps"

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clydesdale

Hello All

Well I had some set backs and this is the first night that I have felt good enough to post.
I went back into st mikes in Toronto last Tuesday for and Echo and ended up passing out
in the waiting room. My heart rate had dropped to 28bpm. They blamed it on the
Beta blockers they had mw on 100mg twice /day of metropolol (is that how u spelmg
l it)
Anyways recovered by weds morning and heart was back in afib lowered the dose to 25
And I passed out again thurs in the patients lounge hour was 29 bpm to 46bpm
For about 7 hours.

I was a little delirious Thus ninght as my brother stayed overnight w me and thought I was
Going nuts. They found I had an elevated wbc and put me on an ov drip which seemed to help
I had a scope today top compare today from the day of surgery and they are doing a stress test
Tomorrow to see if I need a pacemaker. What a ride. My bp has remained pretty strong
Arounf 116 over 70 througout it all so they say that's good. I am off all pain meds as I don't really
Need them except the occasional tylenol. Anyways hopefully I get back out of here soon

Todd

Clydesdale, I'm really pulling for a quick recovery for you -- for all the usual compassionate reasons, one BAVer to another, AND because I'm going in for almost exactly the same procedure in the same city in less than 3 weeks! Good luck and good healing!

Todd,
Sorry to hear about the bumps. Hang in there buddy. I'm sending you good vibes to get through all of this.
John

Yes, you may need a pacemaker or ICD. If low heart rate is the issue, like it is with me, you'll be surprised how quickly you feel better once the pacer is in place.
Hang in there!

I hope you get over your bumps. I understand since I am still fighting with a-fib 3 months out. It was almost continious when I was in the hospital. They had me on metropolol too and whenever I stood up, I almost passed out. They had to take me off that. It seems to be diffiuclt to get all the meds straightened out to get you back to a regular life.

My thoughts are with you. I hope the bumps get fewer quickly. Pat

Wow....the OHS deal is enough without the bumps, including what you are experiencing. Praying for a quick resolution so you can glide smoothly down that "heart road" to a full recovery !!

~ blue :)

Last edited:
Todd, you're having big bumps!
If you can, let us know what the test reveals, and if you end up with a pacemaker.
Your blood pressure is great and not needing pain meds is fantastic! Hang in there; it will get better.:smile2:

Todd, I happy to hear that you are feeling somewhat better. I, too, had some real problems with Metoprolol dropping my heart rate so low that I felt like a slug and I never took more than 25 mg twice a day. It is very good to hear that you no longer need the stronger pain meds. I hope things quiet down for you now. Take care of yourself.

Larry

Todd, sooo sorry for the bumps, but it sounds like things are going to look up for you soon. Stay positive, and hang in there!

Take care

Hey All,

Did my stress test today and the algarythm was 1:1 so as of right now they dont think i need a pm. They also released me this afternoon and i am now back at home. Valve ticking is loud does this thing quite down?

Thanks for all your thoughts and kind words this page has been a great help to me in getting over this ordeal. I gave the website to several people I met at st Mikes i hope that they jump on the train.

Talk with you all later

Todd , good to hear from you PLEASE don't drink any 10w30 to try to quiet the valve.....here's hoping the road is smoother now
safetocomeoutff.gif

glad your feeling better todd.....yea drinking car oil doesnt make the ticking go away. although i did try some truffles for my piggy one :)

Back