Has anyone heard from Rachel (RZG)?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perkicar

Yes, I've returned to the fold! It's been several years since I've been active on the list, mostly due to being busy with a ton of other things. Most recently, moving to Columbus OH and starting a new job at the James Cancer Hospital at Ohio State University. I moved into my house here in Columbus a few weeks ago; prior to that I was living with my brother and sister in law in Stoutsville, OH, which is about 45 minutes south of here.
Anyway---Rachel called me last month, then we spoke again right before her surgery, which was last Thursday. She was pretty worried going in, and Dr Lytle (who also did my surgery) was kind of grim when he talked to her the day before surgery. She said she'd have her husband let me know how things went and since I haven't heard anything--I'm a little worried. I tried to call her a little while ago and it went to voice mail, so I'm hoping she calls me back and tells me I"m silly for worrying.
Great to be back--won't be able to spend alot of time online, but glad to get back in touch.

RACHEL's surgery was Thursday as you said, and she faced a 7 hour trip by car so it may be that a couple of days ICU and a couple in stepdown were not enough to comfortably make the trip so decided to stay a couple more

Prayer machine in high gear and WELCOME back

hi all i had my surgery on June 23rd, I did well but I am still in ICU...better than expected however I feel like I was hit by a truck...I have to get through some glitches and will move in the next few days to step down...Dr Lytle was pleased...but likes to move slowly...i will try to keep you updated as the days progress...love, RZG(Rachel)

I'm so glad to hear from you, I was really worried that something awful had happened. Sorry about the glitches but I know you're in the best of hands there. Keep us posted!
Carolyn

Rachel,
Welcome to the other side. Continuing best wishes that the recovery smooths out for you. Hope that by now you are now in the step down unit.

Welcome to the other side of the mountain, Rachel! It's Day 20 for me post-op, and one day at a time I'm doing better and better. You will too. I'm still looking for that truck, too, though; may have been the same one that got you! Take care, and keep us posted as you can.

Mary Lou

Hi all I am home!!! it was a long difficult time in cleveland but slowly im getting stronger!!! Did anyone experience feet pain toes to arch. very odd feet warm just tingle and ach a lot. This forum has truly been a blessing with all you wonderful people and you endless support and resourses. You ALL are my HEROS!!!
i will try to download some pictures when I figure how to do it!!!
ttys
Rachel RZG

Hi all I am home!!! it was a long difficult time in cleveland but slowly im getting stronger!!! Did anyone experience feet pain toes to arch. very odd feet warm just tingle and ach a lot. This forum has truly been a blessing with all you wonderful people and you endless support and resourses. You ALL are my HEROS!!!
ttys
Rachel RZG

YA!!! Class of 2011!

ttys
Rachel RZG

Glad to hear yuou are home

It sounds like you have MY FEET .......NOW GIVE 'EM BACK ......the toe to heel is Plantar Fasciitis http://chealth.canoe.ca/condition_info_details.asp?disease_id=305 and my podiatrist has given me Rx insoles that help

I have tried SEVERAL Rx for the tingly ache but to minimal avail it is Periferal Neuropathy http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001619/ NORTRIPTYLINE HCL 10mg X 5 has given me some minimal relief

Rachel - A big hearty (pun intended) Welcome Home - in more ways than one. Welcome back to both of your homes, the one you live in and the one here at vr.org.

A question about the foot pain - is this something that started just after surgery or did you have it before? If it is new, could it be one of those glitches many of us experience due to irritation of neres in the body due to the positions they force us into during surgery? I know I had some odd pain and numbness in my hands and arms right after surgery, but it has gone away over the past couple of months.

Steve, this pain happened a few days after surgery. I was very swollen in both legs and feet and they gave me plenty of lasix the fluid is gone but the pain is here, I think it could be the pressure of the fluid at first or bypass my body trying to revascularize circulation. I see my cardiologist tomorrow i will f/u with some questions. i hope it goes away!!

ttys RZG Rachel

Latest posts

Back